Christmas shopping season is finally here!
Why not beat the seasonal rush and take your Wirex card on a shopping trip this weekend?
All you have to do is spend at least €100 in a single in-store transaction and you’ll unlock €10 in WXT! And don’t forget, you’ll also earn up to 2% Cryptoback™ rewards on your purchases as well.
This is a limited time offer that’s only around for 48 hours, so whip out your Wirex card and get shopping today!
Get extra with X-tras – upgrade to the Premium or Elite plan and unlock the highest levels of Cryptoback™ rewards on both in-store and online purchases. You’ll also earn an annual Savings Bonus of up to 6% on the balance of your WXT account and get some exclusive Mastercard merchant offers.
Boost your savings with X-Accounts – open an X-Account and you’ll effortlessly earn up to 16% AER on select currencies, with interest calculated daily and paid weekly. You can open up to 10 separate X-Accounts and withdraw your funds for free, whenever you want.
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to the Christmas Sales In-Store Shopping Promotion (the “Promotion”) which is offered by Wirex Ireland Limited in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by Wirex Pte Ltd in the Asia Pacific (“APAC”) region (each separately referred to as “Wirex”).
1. The Promotion will run from 10:00 (GMT) on 4 December 2021 until 10:00 (GMT) on 6 December 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. This Promotion is open to users of the Wirex Service only (as defined by the applicable Wirex terms & conditions: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone) resident in the EEA and APAC region (“Eligible Participants”). For the avoidance of doubt, no other users of the Wirex Service are eligible for this Promotion.
3. The Promotion applies to an Eligible Participant who makes a minimum transaction of EUR 100 or equivalent (in the EEA) or USD 100 or equivalent (in APAC) (in a single purchase) on in-store transactions within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Transaction”).
4. Any Eligible Participants who complete their Qualifying Transaction prior to or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible to receive the Reward.
6. Subject to the exclusions in Schedule 1 and clause 8, a “Qualifying Transaction” means any in-store transaction, where such transaction is executed with recipients or merchants anywhere in the world where Wirex Mastercard cards or Wirex Visa cards are accepted.
7. Wirex reserves the right to determine whether any particular transaction constitutes a Qualifying Transaction.
8. Wirex reserves the right to expand the list of transactions excluded from the scope of Qualifying Transactions.
9. The following is an indicative and non-exhaustive list of transactions which will not be considered as Qualifying Transactions:
b. Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers, prepaid cards or any prepaid accounts; and/or
c. Any payment to financial institutions (including but not limited to banks, online trading platforms and brokerages).
10. Wirex does not accept responsibility for merchants or e-commerce entities that are unable, for any reason, to accept payment with the Wirex Visa card.
11. Any transaction made before or after the Promotion Period will not constitute a Qualifying Transaction and will not be counted towards an Eligible Participant’s total Qualifying Transactions.
12. The Reward will be paid to all Eligible Participants who make a Qualifying Transaction within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Participants”).
13. The Reward will be paid to Qualifying Participants’ accounts within 30 Working Days of the end of the Promotion Period.
14. Once a Qualifying Participant has received the Reward, it can be converted to traditional fiat currency through the Wirex Service at the Qualifying Participants’ discretion.
16. “Reward” means each Eligible Participant will be rewarded the WXT equivalent of EUR 10 (in the EEA) or USD 10 (in APAC) once they complete a Qualifying Transaction (see clause 5). Each Qualifying Participant will be eligible to receive the Reward once only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Reward will be awarded in WXT only which will be calculated by an exchange rate set by Wirex from time to time in its absolute discretion.
18. “Wirex Mastercard” means the Wirex debit card under the Mastercard card scheme issued in your EEA country of residence.
20. “Working Days” means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and any public holidays when the banks of England are closed for business.
22. Subject to applicable law, Wirex will not under any circumstances be liable to compensate Wirex users, Eligible Participants or other third parties for any losses or damages occurring as a result of their participation in this Promotion.
23. Wirex may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Promotion at any time without prior notification.
24. Wirex will only process personal information collected or received in connection with the Promotion as set out in its Privacy, Data Use and Retention Policy, which is available on by clicking the following link: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone.
25. This Promotion is launched by Wirex and there are no partnerships between Wirex and any other merchant or other third parties relating to this Promotion.
26. The Terms of this Promotion are governed by the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute, controversy or claim (including any non-contractual dispute, controversy or claim) arising out of or in connection with this Promotion.
|Merchant Code||Category Name|
|6532||Payment transaction financial institution|
|6611||Overpayment down payments|
|6023||State Banks RCL Internal|
|6012||Financial institutions Cash withdrawal automatically|
|9700||Automated Referral Service VISA|
|6010||Financial institutions Manual cash withdrawal|
|9411||Payments on the state loan|
|6011||Financial institutions Cash withdrawal automatically|
|6211||Non-financial institutions - quasi-cache|
|9211||Judicial payments including alimony and child support|
|9399||Government services nowhere else classified|
|9702||Emergency services GCAS only VISA|
|6540||Transactions on financing POI except MoneySend|
|6537||MasterCard MoneySend between countries|
|6536||MasterCard MoneySend inside the country|
|9701||Credential Verification Service Visa|
|6022||Financial Institution RCL Internal|
|6535||Claims on Values Financial Institutions|
|9223||Payments on bonds and bonds|
|6028||Unincorporated Private Banks RCL Internal|
|6760||Bonds of Savings Loan|
|6534||Money Transfer Financial Institution|
|4829||Money Orders Wire Transfer|
|6026||National Banks Non-Federal RCL Internal|
|7012||Time shar Hotel|
|6025||National Banks RCL Internal|
|6538||MasterCard MoneySend Funding|
|6050||Financial institutions trade and services|
|6051||Financial institutions quasi-cache YANDEX.MONEY FastLife.su ETC|
|6539||Transaction on financing excluding MoneySend|
|6531||Payment for services money transfers|
|6529||Remote Stored Value Load Financial organizations|
|9405||Government procurement only government|
|9402||Postal services are only governmental|
|6530||Remote Stored Value Load vendor|
|7995||Betting (including Lottery Tickets, Casino Gaming Chips, Off-track|