On this day, 10 years ago, a man called Laszlo Hanyecz went on the Bitcointalk forum and declared that he would “pay 10,000 BTC for a couple of pizzas.” An unidentified British man took him up on the offer, accepted the Bitcoins and Hanyecz received 2 Papa John’s pizzas in return. Back then, that 10,000 BTC was worth roughly $40 - a good trade for the man that accepted the offer. Neither foresaw the stratospheric rise of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general (in case you were wondering, 10,000 BTC comes out to over $91 million today). Little did Hanyecz realise that he had eaten potentially the two most expensive pizzas ever purchased.
In order to commemorate this day, we decided to throw a little competition your way on our Twitter and Instagram channels! All you have to do is go to our latest posts on Twitter and Instagram to see the full details on how to enter.* That’s it. We will then award 10 lucky, randomly selected, users with a pizza of their very own in WXT.
- For full entry details, entrants must check our Twitter and Instagram posts
- The competition closes on (24.05.2020 11:59PM BST)
- Winners must be a verified user with a WXT account.
- 5 x Winners will be chosen on Twitter, 5 x Winners will be chosen on Instagram
- Each Winner will be funded £20 in WXT, into their WXT accounts.
- We will announce the winners on our community forum in this post on 26.05.2020
- We will award the WXT to the winners once all have been contacted in approximately 7-10 days time.
AND THE WINNER ARE: