Account blocked since 1 month

Its a big shame to your services, its obvious since 1 month my account is blocked and I have been contacting the support, to my surprise I didn’t have a good reply to unblocked my account only the team have not reply, any good team reply its customs fast. I will start review about your website and alert how your service is been use to fraud, also I will report to the appropriate authorities, its unfear to blocked my account without notice and all my money on it, shame on wirexapp…

3 Likes

Hello,

do not be discouraged the account is blocked but for security reasons.

Unfortunately he has a very large number of support contacts but the team does everything possible to meet your needs…

please I understand your frustration but don’t worry you will get your account back as soon as possible.

thank you!

Hey @hibeedotdot Could you please post your tickets number here, so admins can chase it up for you? Regards!

Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇʟғ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴘᴏssɪʙʟᴇ ᴡᴀʏs sɪʀ , ᴀʟsᴏ ᴡɪʀᴇx ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪᴇʀ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴ sɪʀ ᴅᴀʏ ʙʏ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀs ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀs ᴘᴏssɪʙʟᴇ.

Aʟsᴏ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴅʙʟᴇss.
ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅs.

@hibeedotdot We see on our side that you have already been updated via email. Please, check your mailbox including the SPAM folder just in case.

Hello Team,

I have the same Issue with my account. Can please somebody from the admin get in touch with me?
I do not have any access anymore to my Wirex funds since a long time right now.

Thank you very much in advance

Luigi

1 Like

Dear @ItaLBoY, as we can see, the Support team has replied to your ticket, please check it out. Have a great day!

Its bullshit, the response team reply that they will reply, its another week now, I don’t get any valuable information and my account is still blocked more than one month, I don’t understand if the service are trying to rip my money.

1 Like

Hello @hibeedotdot, I really appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. I have escalated this case to our relevant department. They will contact you once there is an update on your case. Thank you for your cooperation!

Its obvious till now I haven’t get any response about my blocked account, if this is how your service work I must write more reviews about your service so that move people dont fall victim

Regards.

2 Likes

@hibeedotdot The support team will get back to you with the actual information soon. Thank you for your patience.

Hi there @hibeedotdot please calm first sir wirex team is working every single concern here , bro trust wirex your account will be solved.

I have wated since 3 month, they did not give any reply and my account was locked with no reason, other service dont make sheet like this

1 Like

Hello,

You are not the only one in this situation,

I also wrote to a French client who had a very large number of people whose accounts were temporarily locked for security reasons. :wink:

You will be taken into account as soon as the updates of your file are established within a few days.

Thank you for your patience!

They will not reply you, since 3 months now, my account was block with 5000€ they did not teply nor send my money

1 Like

Hello @hibeedotdot, as we can see, our Support agent has replied to your ticket several times, please check your mailbox. Once there is an update - you will be contacted once again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Regards!

I did not get any emails with any ticket, this is a pure lie.

2 Likes

You can check it on , Important or Promotional or Even on Spam sir. Please check carefully. :heart::blush:

I check carefully, and I keep hearing this, without any information, no message in my spam nor message in important. I keep waisting my time on this. I will continue writing message about wirexapp to the world, also I have got some useful information of where to contact in UK, its unfair of this service.

1 Like

@hibeedotdot We have forwarded this inquiry to our Support team. You will be contacted by them via email. Thank you for your patience. We hope for a quick resolution of your case.