Account Blocked with funds on

Hi,

is it normal to have an account blocked with a large amount of funds on?
I have opened multiple tickets.
It has been over five days now.
I just keep getting the response the department will be in contact.

Regards.

My account is the same, was told it is not the right password - it is - support are not being helpful, just talking rubbish saying I am not trying to reset when i have done several time, its an absolute nightmare and I will report to financial authority, which does not help getting my money out

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for reply.
Yes, it seems to be a worrying trend, sadly.
I’m surprised management hasn’t picked it up this far.
I guess they are not paying attention to their own forums.

Regards.

Hello
My card has been blocked since last week. I am going abroad tomorrow and have send several tickets. I do not Wantvto be stranded with no money. Please help.

1 Like

Hi,
open a chat in Support not General Chat.
Hope you resolve before your holiday.

Regards.

wirex is blocking accounts with no checks, they block accounts with your money inside! go and report to the police, and don’t use wirex anymore!

1 Like

wirex is blocking accounts with no checks, they block accounts with your money inside! go and report to the police, and don’t use wirex anymore! they blocked a lot of people complaining about losing their money on wirex, they don’t answer to the support never, I guess they don’t have the money since today bitcoin has reached $ 16000! I invite you to PAY ATTENTION TO ME THEY STOLEN 0.35 BITCOIN NOW I MADE THE COMPLAINT WITH MY LAWYER

wirex is blocking accounts with no checks, they block accounts with your money inside! go and report to the police, and don’t use wirex anymore! they blocked a lot of people complaining about losing their money on wirex, they don’t answer to the support never, I guess they don’t have the money since today bitcoin has reached $ 16000! I invite you to PAY ATTENTION TO ME THEY STOLEN 0.35 BITCOIN NOW I MADE THE COMPLAINT WITH MY LAWYER.

2 Likes

did you get any answer? @Dave_Finkle

Yes, account fully restored, thank you.

lucky you - it’s been over a month for me and still no hope !

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blocked account/can’t login

Same here

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support Inquiry Escalation Thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blocked account/can’t login

Same issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support Inquiry Escalation Thread

Hello Billy, I am sincerely sorry for this unpleasant situation.

According to our system, our agent has contacted you via the ticket 41448 in order to specify the additional details, please provide us with a reply so that we could assist you further.

Thank you in advance!

Same issue help

I haven’t been emailed I need it sorted