Account Blocked with funds on

You can open a chat with support fra the app. But if your account is blocked, then there is no chatting.

Hi Anatasiia,

After about 4 months account blocked, I received an email from WIREX support about 10 days ago.
That email says WIREX wants my bank account info and WIREX will transfer my crypto to EUR to my bank account.
Now, 10 days are passed, there is nothing deposited to my bank account.
Why not just unblock my account so that I can transfer my crypto myself, that is much safe and fast!
Is that just a delaying tactic?

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks.

Hi,
I have had my issues resolved now thankfully. Wirex has permanently suspended my account for reasons unknown. They have also advised that I am not permitted to use their services in the future. I dont know why all I did was use my card to make purchases and withdrawals.

Anyway they have also refunded my outstanding balance of $10,000aud back to my Bitcoin address. This whole process took around 2 weeks from when the account was blocked to when I received my refund. Maybe I had more luck to some people as I was very persistent on these forums, email support and not letting up. I also had placed complaints with the Financial Ombudsman of the UK and notified them of this.

Good luck to everyone I hope you dont get left stranded for months on end like some people are reporting, but there is hope as they resolved my problems and provided my funds in full to me.

2 Likes

Hi Jakebburn,

Do you get “cryptos” back from Wirex?
Wirex says they will transfer my cryptos to EUR and send to my bank account.
I’d wonder why they do different ways to user’s funds.
It’s wired.
Anyway, glad to hear you got your funds back.

Hello @Michal8000, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Let me kindly inform you that this case has been escalated to our relevant team. They will update you via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Hello @xmonkx, please accept my apologies for the delayed response and your unpleasant experience.

Our Finances department is currently processing your refund. The point of this delay is such cases are processing by our relevant team manually, therefore, it could take some time.

Warm regards!

1 Like

Hi when they emailed me advising my account would be permanently closed they asked me to provide either bank details for a bank transfer or a BTC address, my preferrence was BTC just incase the bank transfer might have had other conversion fees or anything.
Thanks and good luck to you, I hope Wirex improves its Customer service and helps Customers with similar situations as quickly as possible!

Thx. I have only had good experiences with Wirex. So I think and hope it all works out.

Hi @jakebburn! Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is an important part of our development process.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Michal8000! We are grateful to you for your feedback! This is very valuable to us and our development. Have a great day!

1 Like

Ticket number 554508.

I send the relevant information requested by Wirex in regards to my refund on 16th June 2021.
Since then I never got any feedback by Wirex. I already sent more then 4 emails after that email without any reply from Wirex.

My account was blocked 8 MONTHS ago!!!

I got you message saying that the Finances department is currently processing my refund. Since 16th June???

Regards
Artur

My case is now with the ombudsman. Wirex seized my money 9 months ago.

The FCA suspended their license for good reason.

1 Like

The same thing had happened to me …they have sent emails requesting selfie and other information and I’ve sent it then I receive another email a few days later saying ticket will be closed as we haven’t heard from you!!! I have been unable to log into my Wirex account in app since May 2021 and I have BTC and USD in there but I cannot access it. WHATS GOING ON WIREX SUPPORT??

Dear @artur_santos, we have forwarded your query to the Support team and our agent will contact you regarding the issue at the nearest time. Regards!

1 Like

Hello @maeserati99, as we can see, our agent has requested the details of your bank account to transfer the remaining balance, however, we did not receive these details from you. Our agent will contact you again regarding this case. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi @GMT1976, our agent has replied to your ticket 674651, please check this out. Regards!

1 Like

Wrong. Again.

The money is on my ATM card and Wirex staff said it is no longer your problem and that you passed the money to a company called Contis. I have no contract with Contis, I have a contract with WIREX.

Hi Maserati99,

I have been in exactly the same position as yourself. Contis WERE the card providers for Wirex, Contis do not provide services directly to retail customers. So when Wirex and Contis parted company back in March your monies were ‘marooned’ within the Contis system.

This is not necessarily bad news as Contis are very helpful. I have copied the email from Wirex back in March, below.

Hello Niall,

​We are truly sorry you did not receive a prompt response to your case. We experienced an unusually large number of incoming requests which disrupted our usual response time.

Let me kindly inform you that Contis closed all Wirex Visa card accounts on 16.03.2021. Unfortunately, we can no longer make fiat currency bank statements: (links removed to get though Wirex mail filters.)

Please forward your request to support@contis.com with the following information:

• Full Name:
  • First Line of Address:
  • Postcode:
  • DOB:
  • Account Number or Last 4 digits of card: (refers to your Wirex Visa card)
  • Time period for the statement:

As for BTC and WXT statements - we will provide you with them shortly.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards

Anastasiia

I followed the process outlined and Contis responded within two weeks with a GBP Statement and then the identified GBP were reimbursed (when I sent my U.K. account details) to my U.K. bank account in April.

I am still waiting for the rest of my BTC and WXT directly from Wirex.

Good luck…

You are one of the luckiest people in the world .
My issue has been there for 8 months and on 10th of August they wrote me to say they will refund my money with 8-10 working days and today is 1st of September nothing has happened.
Will have to write the ombudsman as well because this is unfair . Keeping my money for 9 months that’s unacceptable.
All the best

Lol, I got my £250 back in 2 weeks, I am still waiting for over £15k in crypto to return so not sure how lucky I am!!!

I was merely trying to reassure the Maserati that monies in Contis was not a catastrophe and probably actually good news.

I also have had my account frozen since Feb and now closed and given a lifetime ban for no specific reason, and no monies held by Wirex returned.