Account verification delay

Hi @Verifyme,

Could you please let me know your support ticket number? Thank you!

Hi @siukingking,

The verification team will check your case and contact you via the support ticket shortly. Sorry for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

Hi, my account asked for verification about 16th Dec and I am still waiting. I raise a request 1818258. I got an email saying there were issues at wirex but all now resolved BUT I still cannot use my account. I have tried to send another message of help but that appears to be blocked too.
Please can you advise me how I can get help to enable my account again? Thank you. Mark Worsfold.

Hello @MarkW, we are sorry this unpleasant situation occurred.

This case has been escalated to our Verification Team. They will contact you via the ticket shortly.

Best regards!

Hi Anastasiia, Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the team have again stated that all problems are resolved and I should be able to use my account (#1829352). That was 24th Dec. Today I have logged in but my account STILL shows “Verifiying” status and I am not able to use my account. Please can you raise a urgent request with the team to resolve this issue. Thank you. Mark Worsfold

I’ve been trying to access the BTC in my account since September 2nd. I have provided the requested documents/info multiple times (been asked for the same information multiple times). Still waiting for the infamous “relevant team” to find the time necessary to actually address my problem. Meanwhile, Wirex is charging my account £5 per month for “inactivity.”

Seems legit.

Dear @MarkW, I am sincerely sorry for this delay.

This case has been escalated to our Verification Team one more time. They will check the documents and contact you via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

Hello @mynameisjack, I am sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Could you please provide us with the reference ticket number? We will be glad to escalate this for you.

Thank you in advance!

The most recent one is 1826950.

Hello @mynameisjack,

I have just escalated your verification inquiry to our relevant team, they will take a look and provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

Hi Anastasiia, I am happy to report that my account is, once again, fully functional. Thank you for your help and assistance and I hope my issue hasn’t spoilt your holiday. Mark Worsfold

Now my account is locked. I guess that’s why they wanted my support ticket number. If you have $ in a Wirex account that you can still access, I would advise you to pull it out as soon as possible.

Hi @mynameisjack,

We have forwarded your case to the relevant team and will get back to you with an update as soon as there’s any news. Regards!

So will my account continue to be charged a monthly inactivity fee while I am locked out of it?

Hi Jack,

I can see, that the relevant team is already looking into your case. They will update you shortly. Regards!

Please help with my new account verification. I’ve resent POA and have ticket.

My request is number 1835381 and have a message to view ticket 44252. I don’t know where to find this and my account is still being verified.

Please help! Where do I view ticket updates or add comments?

Mary

Hello Support. I have been waiting to have my account verified since December 23rd. I answered an email request to provide POA. I have a ticket number 1835381. I’ve got a follow-up email to say visit 44252. I don’t know what or how to do this. I find it all so confusing. Please help!

Hello @Memonty, I am sincerely sorry for this delay.

This case has been escalated to our Verification Team. They will check the documents and contact you via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

I have replied to an email request to resend POA. I’ve sent a bank statement with figures censored. Is that adequate?

Can someone please help me with my account. I’ve been on verification for going to three weeks now I’ve send all the documents they ask me for and I’ve send numerous emails to them but they seem not to care about my predicament I’ve experience the worst Christmas and new year that I can remember all due to Wirex