Account verification delay

Hi my name is Joseph Addison, my account has been on verification for more that three weeks now. I’ve send all the documents they ask for but no reapply and I’ve send more than twenty emails with no response and this is the money I supposed to use for Christmas and new year I don’t know what sort of a company is Wirex

Hello @Tenjoe, I am sincerely sorry for this delay.

Let me kindly inform you that this case has been escalated to our Verification Team. They will contact you via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

Thank you for your response, I am really low by the way I’ve been treated by Wirex.the lack of acknowledgment is baffling to say the least.

Hello @Memonty,

I have just escalated your verification inquiry to our relevant team, they will take a look and provide you with an update shortly.

Regards.

Urgent urgent, I can’t login about two weeks! My email florenceyin@yahoo.com.hk
IMG-20201227-WA0021|230x500

Hi, i have sent several mails and tried to contact.i have verification pending 4 days now .Have sent money to the account and asked for verification doc and sent it.no response no one even replied.I have tickets numbers 50048,50010,48773 .Can someone help what is going on I have finds there and cannot withdraw it even???is wirex aware or is it exit scam ?just worried thanks for help

Hello any reply to this from Wirex?

Hi @Florence,

The relevant team is looking into your case. They will contact you shortly. Regards!

Hi WIREX Team,

My transaction trigger your address verification request 2 weeks ago when I want to buy Bitcoin.

I submitted my address proof documents immediately.

But during the whole 2 weeks period, I have sent several email to you. BUT NO ONE REPLY ME except robotic auto reply.
NO ONE TELLS ME IF YOU RECEIVE MY DOCUMENTS OR NOT.
NO ONE TELLS ME IF MY DOCUMENT IS OK TO YOU OR NOT.
NO ONE TELLS ME HOW LONG IT TAKES BUT YOUR APPS MESSAGE PROMISE IT TAKES ONLY SEVERAL HOURS OR ONLY UP TO 24 HOURS ONLY.

Now it has been 2 weeks. No one reply or react to my case. Is this how you treat customer ?

I feel uneasy to deposit money into the account .

My case number / request number is 1824948.

I have about 21,000 USD there. It is not a lot but my experience to you is very bad.

How can I trust I could get help from you if I travel and I see some problem from your apps?

How could I feel safe using WIREX card when travelling ?

Again, My case number / request number is 1824948.

I know it has been difficult time for everyone lately. But at least you should give me some response on the process status.

Looking forward to your reply.

Please don’t give me robotic auto reply. I have seen enough such reply.

Regards.

Hi @TangYK,

I can see, that we have already checked your documents and the account is now verified. Sorry for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

Thank you Inna, I see the account is back to normal now. And I am glad to buy more BTC there.
But please improve the response time. Because I cannot imagine how helpless I will be if I have problem when traveling.

And some little advice, that, better let customer be aware of the rule before you act anything affecting the account.

Like, before my account is blocked, you may warn me that my transaction limit is close to trigger address verification.

And also remind customer the “format of address” on the address proof document need to be exact or similar to the address on WIREX, so as to avoid any misunderstanding .

Sorry for my clumsy words.

Good day. Good health.

1 Like

Thank you Inna,

I see the account is back to normal now. And I am glad to buy more BTC there.
But please improve the response time. Because I cannot imagine how helpless I will be if I have problem when traveling.

And some little advice, that, better let customer be aware of the rule before you act anything affecting the account.

Like, before my account is blocked, you may warn me that my transaction limit is close to trigger address verification.

And also remind customer the “format of address” on the address proof document need to be exact or similar to the address on WIREX, so as to avoid any misunderstanding .

Sorry for my clumsy words.

Good day. Good health.

Tang Yun Kwong

Inna via Wirex Community - The Latest Feedback & Discussion | Wirex <wirexapp@discoursemail.com> 於 2021年1月5日 週二 上午12:02寫道:

1 Like

@Yan_Wirex Hello, I want to change the phone number of my wirex account.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Address verification

Hi @TangYK,

I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved!

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I have forwarded it to the relevant team.

Bonjour je veux changer le numéro sur mon compte wirex

J’ai écris au service client aucune réponse

@wirexbot bonsoir je veux changer le numéro de téléphone sur mon compte wirex

@wirexbot display help

Hi @Augusto,

I can see, that my colleague is already working on your case.

Could you also provide us with the information requested via the ticket 32172?

Thank you in advance!