Account verification delay

Same issue ticket 1733244

I’m disappointed :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Nothing work until a while. Can you FIX my account for everything works please

???

Hello @Jelly_Fish, thank you for taking the time writing to us.

According to our system, your account has been successfully verified on Nov 17, 2020.

Should you have any other questions, you are welcome to contact us.

Regards!

Since September I had been dealing with their ‘relevant’ support team. Originally I just wanted to update the email associated with my account (the service shutdown). One issue led to another and another and several months later I was still furnishing documents and getting curt/paste messages from support basically telling me to patient. About a month ago, while still unable to fully access my account, I discovered that my account was being charged a monthly activity fee. It almost seemed they were just drawing my issue out as long as possible until the account would be completely drained. After posting about this info here on the message board, my account was subsequently completely locked.

But then all of a sudden, just the other day, I got an email from someone at Wirex who seemed to have actually read my support messages and really looked into my account. He also sounded like the first native english speaker I have ever interacted with from Wirex support. He apologized for the confusion/delay and said this matter should have been dealt with in September when I originally raised it. He then told me that for the time being, it is not possible to reinstate my account, since they are still in the process of getting everything approved/setup for people in USA. He then said he would make sure my account balance is returned to me, including the inactivity fees that were charged to it. He said he would escalate the issue so that it is processed ASAP.

That was yesterday. Today I checked my wallet and almost couldn’t believe it. He kept his word and my btc balance was refunded to me (plus the reimbursed inactivity fees)

That said, I can’t say I have a whole lot of confidence in Wirex right now, considering my story and many other similar stories posted around here and elsewhere. Perhaps they’re just struggling to keep up with the recent explosion of interest in bitcoin. However, I do apologize for some of the disparaging things I’ve said about the company,

I know my story is just one story, but I wanted to share in case anyone reading this is currently having a similar problem with them. Just be persistent. Good luck.

1 Like

Dear @Nicolas_Letin,

Our verification team has informed me that your account was successfully verified, please check it from your end. Should you have any further questions - please do not hesitate to let us know via the ticket.

Best regards!

Hey Wirex,
I have sent the necessary data for verification, but I have not yet received an answer! I understand the large number of tickets but I think that you have to understand the need to be able to use the card as soon as possible! Can you check it out, please? Help!!!
Let me know if you need other documentations.
My ticket: 93475

Thanksss

Hi @Emanuele_D_Carrieri,

I have escalated your case to the verification team. They will contact you shortly via the support ticket.

Regards!

Thanks for reply @Inna_Wirex …verification failed, I probably took a bad photo of the Utility Bill… just sent again! :roll_eyes:

Hi @Emanuele_D_Carrieri,

I have escalated your ticket to the verification team. They will contact you shortly.

Best wishes!

Hey @Inna_Wirex … I sent the documentation again two days ago and have not yet received a reply…
Please help me to unlock this situation…

my new ticket: 101086

Emanuele

Hi @Emanuele_D_Carrieri,

I have forwarded your ticket to the verification team. They will contact you soon.

@Inna_Wirex Sorry again for this message, but I had to get a residence certificate, because everything I have shown has not been enough… in my opinion it is an exaggeration, because identity is more important than a residence (and it could seem a way to keep money locked up); in any case I have made the residence certificate (just sent via the app) and I hope for a quick resolution … is it normal that I have not received an email about the ticket?
Best
Emanuele

Hello Emanuele,

I have just escalated your verification inquiry to our relevant team, they will take a look and provide you with an update as soon as possible.
Could you please check Junk/Spam folder in your mailbox and make sure your spam filters or anti-virus did not block Wirex emails?
In case you need any additional assistance, please send a response directly via the ticket, we will be glad to help you.

Best Regards

@Anastasiia_Wirex
I just received a refusal of the scanned residence document … this is unacceptable behavior! I’m fed up … it is an official document with stamp, signature and revenue stamp of the Italian state (done yesterday) … it seems to me an excuse to keep the money! the document is scanned … it is not a photo, nor a screenshot! I don’t understand where the problem is! now I have sent back the document, if it is not accepted, I will ask my lawyer who is already collecting complaints from other clients of yours!

@Anastasiia_Wirex
I am following your guidelines…
“the certificate of residence dated within the last 12 months (it must be stamped and signed, or at least stamped”
I sent the certificate stamped and signed … but how can I send it (signed and stamped) without scanning it? It seems a contradiction to me…

Solved, but I don’t know if I can trust you again!

Dear Emanuele,

We would like to say thank you for your patience and understanding that we are actually working hard to make sure you can use all our services without any hassles and issues. Here at Wirex we value our users and would like to ensure that their experience matches our expectations.

According to our records, the issue has been resolved for you. Should you have any other questions, you are welcome to contact us.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

I am having troubles with this as well - account which previously was verified seems to be wanting to verify again. I have been unable to do anything for a couple if weeks now, and have had no replies to the multiple emails I have sent.

Can I please have this sorted?

Hello @Bee_Jam, I am sincerely sorry for this delay.

This case has been escalated to our Verification Team. They will check the documents and contact your wife via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support Inquiry Escalation Thread