Address Verification. No response

A post was merged into an existing topic: Address verification

Hello @Purple, please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed update.

This case has been escalated to our Verification Team. They will check the documents attached and contact you via the ticket shortly.

Warm regards.

Hola, tengo una petición realizada el 16/1/2021
solicitud (92997), me respondisteis y habilitasteis para cambiar la dirección, la edite, subí el documento que me indicasteis para verificar el 29/1/2020 pero aún no está verificada. Podríais solucionarlo. Gracias

Hi @Anastasiia_Wirex ,

Please continue to follow up as I have sent the passport copy to verify my account.

Brdgs/purple

Hi @Anastasiia_Wirex ,

I just received e-mail was successfully verified. Thanks for your help!

Brdgs/purple

A post was merged into an existing topic: Read me First - About the Accounts category

Hi @Wicksy,

I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused by our verification process.

Could you please send me your friend’s email via the direct message?

Thank you!

Hello Adeus, we are sorry this unpleasant situation occurred.

This case has been escalated to our Verification Team. They will contact you via the ticket shortly.

Best regards!

Hello Wirex team,

I have been asked to show proof of address on my wirex account roughly 2 weeks ago and have had no response as of then.

Can I get any update as to what is going on? I had sent my bank statement to you but no response yet.

My verification ticket number is 98781&95354.l

Please help me asap!

Thanks.

Dear @Purple, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed update.

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day!

@Inna_Wirex I have just private messaged you, with those details. Thank you.

Hello @ciddychan, I am sincerely sorry that you have faced such a delay.

I have now contacted our Verification team and have escalated your case to the highest priority. They will take a look and will update you via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards!

Dear @Wicksy,

This ticket has been escalated to the Verification Team. They will contact you shortly.

Best wishes!

Same case here, almost 1 month already, no response from wirex.

I got a same problem for address verification. it’s has been over 2 days. My ticket is (217825). Seems so many people are having the same problem…

1 Like

hello Iris, I am sorry to hear that the verification of your account is delayed.

Your case was escalated to our Verification Department and I can state for sure you will be updated via email shortly.

Best regards!

Hello @Pet99, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed update.

As I can see our agent has already sent you an update. Could you please check your mailbox and reply directly via the ticket?

Thank you in advanced!

last time my account is required to upload the document in 12/1 until now it didn’t have any response still verifying and what should I do

can any staff help me to verify the account with uploaded address? because it hold my money for a month and can’t do anything

Hi @howard,

I have escalated your case to the verification team. They will contact you shortly.

Best wishes!