Amazon rejecting Wirex card

I ordered my Wirex card in Jan2020 and after months of patiently waiting it arrived and want to use it.
I sold BTC and found out that the exchange rate was 1,5% worse then on the market. Ok nothing is free.
then a 1.5% commission was charged on top. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ok ready to use it, and entered the card details in my Amazon account
bought some cheap things under 100$ value. most under 50$ value.

And now start to receive emails one by one of AMAZON :

Blockquote
"We have canceled your recent order on Amazon because it was not possible to charge your credit card.
We have not been able to determine why your credit card has been denied.
*We recommend that you contact your credit card issuer. Some issuers impose limitations on electronic and Internet purchases.
Blockquote

So I contacted support and they told if the “three-digit CVV code” is not entered with each purchase, it will be denied.

I looked up on Amazon support and found:

Blockquote
Amazon doesn’t support entering the three-digit CVV code normally found on the back of some cards. If the code is required by the issuing bank, payments may not process successfully.
Blockquote

:disappointed_relieved:
after months of patience to get the card, paying 3% in costs, I now can NOT use the card in the biggest store of the world.
And if Amazon does something, probably many other stores have followed the trend.

Amazon accepts my payments and I got confirmations, but its the issuing bank “Wirex card” that is denying payments to Amazon
This is something that Wirex should fix, we are not talking about a small shop, everybody buys on Amazon these days.

thanks

1 Like

seems more people have the same problem: here is a thread about it:
as I can not share links, just look up the exact sentence:
" Amazon rejected my credit card, called my bank said because no CVV was entered"

Hi Wim,

I am sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Indeed, due to security reasons, it will not be possible to perform such a transaction using your Wirex card if the CVV code was not requested by the merchant.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, the security of our customers is our topmost priority.

Warm regards.

2 Likes