Anyone else feeling misled by wirex?!

So I’ve been with wirex since last summer, done multiple exchanges, but as I’m learning the wonderful world of crypto more and more I’m finding less and less to like wirex for which is a shame because I think the company has a lot of promise but looking after it’s customers doesn’t seem to me too be a priority. I’ve lost count of the amount of times that I’ve tried to take advantage of the so called promotions for zero fees only to discover that I’m still being charged - case in point the 12 days of cryptmas and this months zero fees. Sent numerous emails and never heard anything back let alone recompense for the loses due to being charged fees, let alone compensation for xrp transactions getting totally missed! Now to rub salt into my wounds last night I found myself short of gas to complete a defi transaction so I came to wirex, paid fees to get my fiat exchanged for eth only to discover the highest gas fees I’ve had to pay probably ever to send it to the wallet I needed it in. Now I know all to well about outrageous gas fees right now on eth mainnet but still this is the highest fee I’ve been charged period I think. Like I was saying ‘salt in sore wounds’ so now after 24 hours this send transaction has not even been transmitted to the network. I eventually had to go to crypto . com last night and by eth there which was honest and up front fees and they only charged 0.002 eth which is very reasonable, to transfer to my wallet and the txn was transmitted immediately and I received funds in my wallet within 5mins. Now I know it looks like I’m on a bit of a rant, but the truth is I know that running a large fintech company like this is fraught with technical difficulties which I could overlook if it was just an odd error here and there, but this to me seems to be adding up to a trend of attitude that shows that this company doesn’t care about its customers once they’ve got us on their books.

Fully expecting this post to get taken down by admins - this is your chance to take constructive criticism, learn and improve - or not, choice is yours. I have however copied my errm ‘essay’ lol and fully intend to share it in other crypto related forums should this post be deleted!

6 Likes

I think your opinion is fair, and I’d be disappointed in Wirex if their admin flagged it and took it down.

As you said, it is constructive criticism, and not just a grumpy rant.

I haven’t been a client of Wirex for long, but I would say I’m a reasonably active participant on this forum, and I can definitely see how Wirex is being perceived.

I consider myself to be a patient and understanding person, and I’m definitely trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it has come a little easier for me by way of being the winner of 2 of their competition promotions, and having taken full advantage of 1 of their bonus rewards promotions…and Wirex have followed through every time for me!
I can’t be mad and it has more than made up for the times that I have wanted to be mad.
These are the things that have kept me motivated to stand by them so far.

I’m currently waiting on a pending DAI transfer to either complete or bounce back…but I’m confident enough to believe I won’t be left totally out of pocket. Inconvenienced…but nothing that won’t be fixed.
Edit: this has been resolved.

That said, I can totally relate to the whole “once bitten, twice shy” stigma that Wirex may have.

In your defense it sounds as though you have done your due diligence, which is more than can be said for a lot of the posts left in this forum.
(Not you, but I’m basically pointing out a lot of user error in here)

I hope everything works out for you!

5 Likes

Of course!

My account was locked 55 days ago without a reason. I contacted support many times and their responses were just “We had some problems but now everything is fine”. The account is still locked.

After posting here at their forum, I got their email assuring that they are working on my problem. There is no problem. I was a customer for years and never did anything wrong. They locked me after I changed my residential address and verified through their procedure. All they have to do is take a few seconds to look at my account.

So, of course, we are misled by Wirex. It is a typical Russian way of treating customers. I remember a Russian friend sharing a customer support joke “The customer is always wrong”.

1 Like

Wirex support sucks! I takes them 2-3 before answering your query and when they do the response is vague . My problem of getting my home address verified has been since December; no resolution until now

1 Like

Don’t make error on make address verification it is like kill a boss. I’m Try 10-12 times and now verified. good luck. You need work to be verified. Let see live support in -14 days

1 Like

Hello @boryagin I have message you directly, please kindly check you message. Thank you

Hello @Xammeoz I have message you directly, please kindly check you message. Thank you

Hi everyone, I will be moving this thread into the support channel section on the forum as that way one of our support team members will be able to assist you directly. Please remember to share your support ticket numbers or send your support ticket reference number to the email supportescalations@wirexapp.com
Thank you so much.

issues with DAI and ETH are due to the underlying wallet infrastructure provider’s issues - Wirex uses BitGo

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.
My DAI issue previously addressed in this thread for resolved.
But it is good to know as I have seen a few Wirex posts advising issues activating DAI & ETH wallets.

Already sent you a response earlier

Emma

Just thought I’d pop in for a little update - I still have had no response from support!

Hello Jessica, thank you for your request!

Could you please provide us with the reference ticket number? We will be glad to escalate this for you.

Thank you in advance!

That’s just it, you haven’t given me one

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blocked account/can’t login

Dear @Jessica,

Please be advised that the ticket number should have been sent to your mailbox. Could you please check Junk/Spam folder in your mailbox and make sure your spam filters or anti-virus did not block Wirex emails?

Regards!