BAL is one of many cryptocurrencies we’ve recently launched in the Wirex app!
You can now buy and exchange BAL in app at exclusive OTC rates. Plus, for just 7 days, we’re offering an added bonus of US$ 5 in WXT when you buy US$ 50 worth of BAL via credit or debit card!*
Want to know more about BAL before you exchange? Here’s the rundown.
Say hello to BAL
Balancer (BAL) is an Ethereum token that powers the Balancer Protocol, an automated market maker that allows users to earn profits by contributing to customisable trading pools. These pools provide the liquidity needed for users to buy and sell cryptocurrency on the platform. Liquidity providers are rewarded with a portion of the trading fees, plus BAL tokens, which also act as governance tokens for the protocol.
Crypto Spotlight BAL August EEA & APAC Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to the Crypto Spotlight BAL Promotion (the “Promotion”) which is offered by Wirex Ireland Limited in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by Wirex Pte Ltd in the Asia Pacific (“APAC”) (each separately referred to as “Wirex”):
1. The Promotion will run from 00:01AM (BST) on 23 August 2021 until 23:59 (BST) on 29 August 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. This Promotion is only open to verified users of the Wirex Service (as defined by the applicable Wirex terms & conditions: Wirex | General Terms of Service) resident in the EEA and APAC regions (“Eligible Participants”). For the avoidance of doubt, no other users of the Wirex Service are eligible for this Promotion.
3. The Promotion applies to Eligible Participants who complete a BAL cryptocurrency purchase with a minimum exchange value of EUR 50 (in the EEA) and USD 50 (in APAC) via debit or credit card in the Wirex App during the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Transaction”).
4. Any Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction prior to or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible for the Promotion Reward.
5. Qualifying Transactions are limited to one per each Eligible Participant during the Promotion Period.
6. The Reward will be paid to all Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Participants”).
7. The Reward will be paid to Qualifying Participants’ Wirex accounts within 30 Working Days of the end of the Promotion Period. Once a Qualifying Participant has received the Reward, it can be converted to traditional fiat currency through the Wirex Service at the Participant’s discretion.
8. “EUR” means Euro.
9. “Reward” means the WXT equivalent to EUR 5 (in the EEA) and USD 5 (in APAC) which will be calculated by an exchange rate determined by Wirex from time to time in its absolute discretion. The Reward will be paid in WXT only. The Reward may be amended or cancelled by Wirex at any time without prior notice.
10. “BAL” means the Balancer token cryptocurrency available through the Wirex App.
11. “USD” means United States Dollar.
12. “Working Days” means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and any public holidays when the banks of England are closed for business.
13. “Wirex App” means the Wirex mobile application which allows you to buy, store, exchange and spend a wide variety of traditional and digital currencies.
14. “WXT” means the Wirex Token on the Wirex Service.
15. Subject to applicable law, Wirex will not under any circumstances be liable to compensate Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties for any losses or damages occurring as a result of their participation or engagement with this Promotion.
16. Wirex may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Promotion at any time without prior notice to Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties.
17. This Promotion is launched by Wirex independently and there are no partnerships between Wirex and any merchant or other third parties relating to this Promotion.
18. The Terms of this Promotion are governed by the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute, controversy or claim (including any non-contractual dispute, controversy or claim) arising out of or in connection with this Promotion.