Happy Lunar New Year!
Have you sorted your gifts already? If not, buy them with your Wirex card this week and we’ll give you a little gift of your own…
Pay by Wirex in-store or online and you’ll earn up to US$28 in WXT! And that’s not all - you’ll also earn up to 2%Cryptoback™ rewards on every purchase you make! Here’s how it works:
Treat your loved ones today to claim your New Year bonus!
New year, new way to save (excluding Singapore)
Make the most of your red envelopes by opening an X-Account. Our ground-breaking savings tool lets you earn up to 16% AER on selected cryptocurrencies, with interest calculated daily and paid weekly.
Celebrate with these exclusive offers (Singapore only)
Got family and friends coming over? Get a step ahead of the preparations and find all the party essentials you need on RedMart. You’ll also get SG$15 off when you spend at least SG$80 with your Wirex Visa card.
Don’t let the name fool you. Ugly Food offers a great range of fresh fruit, vegetables and dry fruit delivered right to your door. Plus, order a surprise bundle with your Wirex Visa card and you’ll get an extra 10% off!
Lunar New Year 2022 EEA & APAC Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to the Lunar New Year 2022 Promotion (the “Promotion”) which is offered by Wirex Digital Limited in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by Wirex Pte Ltd in the Asia Pacific (“APAC”) region (each separately referred to as “Wirex”).
1. The Promotion will run from 00:00 (GMT) on 31 Jan 2022 until 00:00 (GMT) on the 6 February 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. This Promotion is open to users of the Wirex Service only (as defined by the applicable Wirex General terms & conditions: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone (EEA) or Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone (APAC)) resident in the EEA and APAC region who complete a Qualifying Transaction with the Wirex Mastercard (in the EEA) or Wirex Visa Card (in APAC) during the Promotion Period (“Eligible Participants”). For the avoidance of doubt, no other users of the Wirex Service are eligible for this Promotion.
3. Any Eligible Participants who complete their Qualifying Transaction prior to or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible to receive the Reward.
4. A “Qualifying Transaction” means any e-commerce or in-store transaction using the Wirex Mastercard (in the EEA) or Wirex Visa card (in APAC) in a single purchase, where such transaction is executed with recipients or merchants anywhere in the world where the Wirex Mastercard Card or Wirex Visa Card are accepted, subject to the exclusions in Schedule 1 and clause 8.
5. In order for each transaction to qualify as a Qualifying Transaction, it must meet the following thresholds:
• POS or ePOS transaction equivalent to EUR 88 – 188.88 (in the EEA) or USD 88 – 188.88 (in APAC); or
• POS or ePOS transaction equivalent to EUR 188.89 – 387.99 (in the EEA) or USD 188.89 – 387.99 (in APAC); or
• POS or ePOS transaction equivalent to or above EUR 388 (in the EEA) or USD 388 (in APAC).
6. Wirex reserves the right to determine whether any particular transaction constitutes a Qualifying Transaction.
7. Wirex reserves the right to expand the list of transactions excluded from the scope of Qualifying Transactions.
8. The following is an indicative and non-exhaustive list of transactions which will not be considered as Qualifying Transactions:
a) The merchant transactions listed in Schedule 1;
b) Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers, prepaid cards or any prepaid accounts; and/or
c) Any payment to financial institutions (including but not limited to banks, online trading platforms and brokerages).
9. Wirex does not accept responsibility for merchants or e-commerce entities that are unable, for any reason, to accept payment with the Wirex Mastercard or Wirex Visa Card.
10. Any transaction made before or after the Promotion Period will not constitute to a Qualifying Transaction.
11. The Reward will be credited to Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Participants”).
12. The Reward will be based on a single transaction during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, the Reward will be calculated based on the highest deposit amount made over the Promotion Period.
13. Each Reward will be credited to Qualifying Participants’ WXT accounts within 30 Working Days of the end of the Promotion Period.
14. Once a Qualifying Participant has received the Reward, it can be converted to traditional fiat currency through the Wirex Service.
15. Wirex will only distribute Rewards to Qualifying Participants and reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time without giving notice to Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or anyone.
16. “ePOS” means E-commerce Point of Sale transaction.
17. “EUR” means Euros.
18. “POS” means Point of Sale transaction.
19. “Reward” means Eligible Participants will be eligible to receive one of the following rewards only once, once they complete a Qualifying Transaction:
a) 8.88 EUR (in the EEA) or 8.88 USD (in APAC) in WXT if Eligible Participants complete a transaction between EUR 88 – 188.88 (in the EEA) or USD 88 – 188.88 (in APAC);
b) 18.88 EUR (in the EEA) or 18.88 USD (in APAC) in WXT if Eligible Participants complete a transaction between EUR 188.89 - 387.99 (in the EEA) or USD 188.89 - 387.99 (in APAC);
c) 28.88 EUR (in the EEA) or 28.88 USD (in APAC) in WXT if Eligible Participants complete a transaction more than or equivalent to EUR 388 (in the EEA) or USD 388 (in APAC).
For the avoidance of doubt, the Reward will only be awarded in WXT and may be amended or cancelled by Wirex at any time in its absolute discretion.
20. “Schedule 1” means the list of Merchant Code Categories which do not qualify as a Qualifying Transaction for the purposes of this Promotion.
21. “USD” means United States Dollars.
22. “Wirex Mastercard” means the Wirex debit card under the Mastercard card scheme issued in your EEA country of residence.
23. “Wirex Visa Card” means the Wirex prepaid card issued by Visa in Singapore.
24. “Working Days” means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and any public holidays when the banks of England are closed for business.
25. “WXT” means the Wirex Token on the Wirex Service.
26. Subject to applicable law, Wirex will not under any circumstances be liable to compensate Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties for any losses or damages occurring as a result of their participation or engagement with this Promotion.
27. Wirex may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Promotion at any time without prior notice to Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties.
28. This Promotion is launched by Wirex independently and there are no partnerships between Wirex and any merchant or other third parties relating to this Promotion.
29. Wirex will only process personal information collected or received in connection with the Promotion as set out in its Privacy, Data Use and Retention Policy, which is available on by clicking the following link: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone.
30. The Terms of this Promotion are governed by the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute, controversy or claim (including any non-contractual dispute, controversy or claim) arising out of or in connection with this Promotion.