Are you kidding me?

Hi Clauion, firstly welcome to the forum. I appreciate your thanks and feedback, good to know I’m not just hitting my head against a wall for no reason!

I did the same as you regards the WXT, as soon as it returned to the purchase price. I don’t understand how you paid the fees though, if you held that much WXT you shouldn’t have had to pay any fees as you get 100% fee discount for owning 500k WXT?!

I sold mine 100k’s worth and it didn’t cost all that much. Also was allowed to do it in a one’er. Perhaps they implemented restrictions once they realised they were haemorrhaging?

The price is plummeting again now, but I wonder if this whole thing was deliberately organised by the company to drop the price so Wirex could repurchase its own tokens at a discount and profit enormously from the fees as everyone jumped ship (win-win for Wirex! …and I suppose for investors in the long run…)?

1 Like

You pay fees once you drop below 500k. You can’t sell all 500k at once because of the limits.

2 Likes

Faaaark…that’s so cunning!

1 Like

Because WXT is based on the Stellar network, you can transfer it to a Stellar wallet and sell it on the Stellar DEX or transfer it forwards to another exchange like KuCoin, OKEx or Huobi. (As I understand.)

3 Likes

That’s what I said, isn’t it? 100% at 500k, 50% at 100k, etc. The OP shouldn’t have paid full fee’s on any of it, no fees on the first chunk. And as I said, this must be a new restriction as I was permitted to sell the full 100k with the 50% discount in one transaction. Not that I can see the transaction to prove this fact because I no longer have a WXT account showing in the app… :grimacing::joy::weary::roll_eyes:

Edit, actually found it in the “Activity” list:

So it cost bugger all and was all 50% discounted, perhaps the bugs worked in my favour (this time) or perhaps @clauion was ripped off and needs to complain?!

1 Like

Ahhhhh, that explains it…

I do wonder if there’s some sort of relationship between Okex/KuCoin and Wirex? Lot’s of Russian bankers involved in all organisations…

Yes LIMITS… but why those frustrating limits?? It’s stupid and nonsense. If they really want to ripp me off with fees ok go for it, but DON’T put those low stupid limits and make me spend time for making so many trades, I had to make 10 trades to exchange all 500k WXT. Imagine somebody with 5 millions WXT… he have to do 100 trades to exchange all WXT. Thats INSANE!!!

1 Like

Sent WXT to Huobi and exchanged WXT/USDT and bought CRO. Too many mistakes by Wirex to be considered a coincidence. Maybe I’ll comeback to WXT when Wirex buck their ideas up, but I’m not keeping 500k WXT when it has no use-case anymore. Even then 12% interest seems worthless when its going down in value. Such a huge disappointment being a fund raiser.

If you are overwhelmed on the support side I could do with an admin job,I did some work for some online companies in the past.

1 Like

I will wait out the US launch. There’s a lot of WXT sell-off currently going on. It’s a logical time for a lot of people to exit who are not happy with Wirex or the new reward program. I actually like the new program because it makes WXT more dynamic and involved. Previously it was just something static sitting in your account. The new debit card is also great because of the seamless experience!

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Yes, but the introduction of 50k WXT sell limits, the inability to top up your account anymore, unable to withdraw funds ‘because brexit’, the gas-lighting by support saying its my fault all these things are going wrong. I’ve been mad as hell this month and it’s probably best to cut my loses for now, cannot be bothered with the constant headache Wirex has been causing and I don’t see it getting any better when 328 million extra users join, it is just going to exacerbate the issue.

2 Likes

More trades makes it look like there are more users…

Unfortunately I have to agree with kmadziya’s comments. I have been a long time user of the Wirex card and used it with ease and efficiency. So when the time came to invest I did so. However, since that time my experience with Wirex has also been a cause for consternation from both a user and investor perspective. My card was blocked awaiting verification of address which stated would happen within 24 hours. It took a week to get any form of response and the customer support ticket through the APP was, in a word in today’s Hi-tech world, pathetic. Actually other words would include frustration, disappointment, disbelief, etc
Wirex, while your marketing is slick your backend stinks. I have been invested in other start ups who had similar problems and subsequently learned how to fix it or died. Better fix it please.

4 Likes

I am in the same situation. Had a bit more than 500K WXT and had to sell them in chunks of 50K and paid a load of fees. And even though I had more than 500K WXT, I still paid fees every time I used my Visa, even though they had advertised 100% fee discount. So buying the WXT was very expensive and a really bad deal for me.
I am also tired of not being able to see what is going on on my account. I get the activities shown, but when I add them up it is less than what is bering taken from my account, so there are hidden fees also. Which I guess is why there is no where to monitor the history of the saldo, which all other banks would provide…

1 Like

I’ve withdrawn the bulk of my crypto from Wirex.

Quite apart from their customer service being absolutely appalling and their fees being outrageous, the numer of horror stories I read here gives me no confidence whatsoever that I won’t loose all my money because of their incompetence/guile.

1 Like

Es muy penoso ver como Wirex se preocupa más de responder a nuestros comentarios y quejas (con mucha educación) en vez de poner más personal atendiendo los problemas reales de desvió de fondos, robo de saldo en tarjeta supuestamente cerrada y / o bloqueada !!

Ya no se puede chatear con suporte dentro de la cuenta, solo con el bot que está muy limitado !!
Hace ya meses que mi cuenta está pirateada, ni cambiando contraseña, ni cambiando el número de teléfono, ni solicitando tarjeta nueva… Siguen entrando en mi cuenta y haciendo pagos, moviendo saldo euros a mi primera tarjeta que está cerrada, etc…
YO YA NO ME FÍO DE WIREX! SU INTEGRIDAD COMO ENTIDAD FINANCIERA SEGURA ES INEXISTENTE !!
Esta claro que yo no deposito ni un céntimo en Wirex !! Ya me han robado bastante saldo y sigo esperando resultado o respuesta alguna de la “investigación” de mi caso…
Muchos e-mail de suporte, de la dirección de atención al cliente escribiéndome que va a investigar ella misma el caso… Y NADA !! Al contrario, siguen robando cada vez que hay algo de saldo…
Así que hay muchas otras billeteras en el mercado como para esperar unas mejoras de seguridad inexistente !! Ya va más de un año que está pasado y mi paciencia se ha agotado !!!

1 Like

I guess I’m in the minority here but I actually want to add money to wirex from my bank but have not been able to for months, every time I try I get ‘transaction failed’ or words to that effect.
For the first few weeks I was told by the bot that someone would get back to me and they were overwhelmed.
Now I’m being told that some IBANs have been closed and it will be fixed “soon”. I don’t even know what this means or how it affects me. What I do know is that Wirex and I are both losing money. At the moment with Wirex the only way money can flow is out.
Please fix this Wirex

1 Like

I think anyone with an account in the Lloyds banking group are unable to make transfers due to incompatible systems. I have the same issue with my Halifax account.

I had 1 million WXT, it took me ages to move it.
The cheapest, lowest fee, was to change to cash GBP wallet, then I exchanged to BTC…in chunks. Then moved to my Ledger Nano S. In chunks.
I have some cash left for the card. Which I can’t top up anymore :frowning:

Luckily I have an account to use at Coinbase Pro with huge limits which I’ve used for 5years with no issues.
I hope Wirex get their act together, I feel I was now conned, like many others, when I invested £6000.

3 Likes