Australia Forum

Hi, my name is Martin and I just got my card in Australia. Please post here your experiences with card use.
Thank you

2 Likes

Hey Martin, I was part of the beta test group for APAC… what would you like to know in relation to experiences with the card in AU?

Ps - Suncorp is the only atm which doesn’t charge fees to withdraw cash.

1 Like

Thx for answer. So far I can use Wirex Card for contactless payments but did not use ATM yet. So, you saying other than Suncorp ATM will charge ussual $2.50 fee? Also, I tried to pay for my amaysim mobile plan with card online and it was rejected. Can I pay for instance on Amazon with this card? Another problem I have, I cannot add my MC debit cards from Comm Bank however HSBC card was successfully added. HSBC card is also Visa but Comm Bank cards not. Is this matters?
Thank you for post,
Martin

1 Like

Hey Martin,

So during the beta testing , I found that Suncorp was free for atm withdrawing (zero fee) while all other banks charged you as an international card ($2.50-$7.50 depending on the bank) the most expensive was commbank.

I also have commbank cards- they don’t work I actually moved to ANZ and other banks as Commbank does support any transactions to Wirex or anything crypto related. The problem is Commbank in the equation.
I have a few bank accounts which I tested for linking to top up and commbank was the only one that didn’t work.
ANZ, ING, UP, 86400, HSBC, and Xinja work that I tested.
I predominately use UP for top up and crypto transactions as they are a neo bank and have zero international transaction fees… really good new bank in Australia…

I also had an issue setting up my wirex card on Woolworths mobile systems - I don’t think you can use direct debit systems with the card , it came back as a failed transaction. I think it’s because it’s an internationally issued card (Singapore) My other online purchases seemed to work fine…

Let me know if you need any other help with anything else!

1 Like

What is the name of this new Bank you mentioned in your reply? Thank you for good info. Yes, I did have the same situation regarding Comm Bank when I tried to deposit on crypto_com. I deposit now mainly from Coinspot and it works in seconds ( depending on crypto coins ). Thanks for the advice regarding ATMs. Happy Easter to you and everyone on this forum !

1 Like

Hey Martin,
If you want to only top up - UP bank is great.
If you want to top up and buy crypto direct off a platform like crypto_com - 86400 bank works the best for all things.

Only a pleasure, have a great weekend too!

1 Like

Thanks Robert :slight_smile:

I already applied and my card is on the way. thank you again Robert :+1:

ؤعت

So far, I am using Wirex card for every purchase and card works okay. $750 maximum daily deposit was annoying but I understand where it comes from. As long as the card works fine, life is good :+1::slight_smile: Thank you Wirex for great work. I wish, I knew about Wirex earlier. I opened account with 86400 ( Thanks Robert ) and no problems with deposits. I noticed where it comes to crypto, Visa cards works, MC are rejected by Bank. Does anyone know what is going on with MC blocking crypto purchases ?

2 Likes

Hi my app is not receiving the XRP from my trust wallet

1 Like

Sometimes it takes a while. I never did have problem sending to Wirex wallet XRPs. I noticed, sometimes perhaps, deposit need to be approved manually by human.

1 Like

Hey Mate…yaaar CommBank won’t work but Westpac does! Haven’t had success using the Wirex card yet…but everything else works :+1:t5:

Cool. I am using card every day for pretty much everything. I only had once a problem with payment for multiple products on Amazon Au. It was resolved within a few hours with satisfactory explanation. Wirex customer service is really nice to deal with, I was nicely surprised. Enjoy

1 Like

Australia seems to be great for this wirex card. No fees whatsoever. Can link a debit card to the account to top up for free, get the BTC cashback by spending AUD.

I’ve only had a few instances where a payment actually failed for some reason (as if I didn’t have enough money in there or something even though I did). I think this is because some paywave/eftpos machines don’t work with prepaid cards. It’s weird because this happened once at Boost Juice, yet a few weeks prior it worked fine there. I’ve also had this issue trying to use the card for some online purchases. Doesn’t always work. Only issue I’ve had.

3 Likes

Agree with you on that. If anyone is trying to understand what Wirex is trying to achieve on OZ market than it is easy to be patient with situations like this. Moreover, I am sick to death, to watch YouTube videos condemning Wirex , just because one transaction was refused here or there. Yes, it is disappointing for card to be rejected anywhere at any circumstances but look, concept of paying with crypto is almost real now, more, than ever before ! Lot of people do not understand this simple fact at all ! Banks look with envious eyes at Wirex definitely.

1 Like

GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF WIREX, IT IS NOT SECURE. ALL MY MONEY HAS GONE. I have 2FA on my account and they blaming my email address for their lack of security

It’s high time for a reality check petal…many exchanges have been hacked & folks have lost a ton of money & cryptos. If You are new to this space then it’s way time for some serious research, seriously before you lose more money & learn this game so you can benefit. Wirex does not guarantee 100% of anything. If You keep cash, tokens or coins on any exchange (including Wirex) You are exposing Yourself to theft, simple as that. Welcome to the Crypto space

2 Likes

Totally agree :+1:. Moreover, all innovative business keep building trust over long time in both ways. Customer to business and business to customer. Do not take anything “as granted!”. Homework, homework and again homework. All your money? You mean, you keep all your money in one place? Here is first thought to require your attention at the core…

2 Likes

Bingo…well stated Sir :+1:t5:
For me Wirex; is fast, smooth & is great to use! :pray:t5:

2 Likes