🇦🇺 Australia is facing an unprecedented crises. We are donating 45,000 Satoshi on your behalf to the emergency services organizations at the forefront of the Australian Bushfires #SatsForAustralia

Australia is currently being consumed by the worst bushfires in living memory. Many of these have been burning since September and are not showing any signs of slowing down.

2019 was Australia’s hottest year on record. Unprecedented temperatures of 40+ degrees and months of severe drought have provided the perfect conditions for the conflagration, with constant, strong winds causing the flames to spread too fast for firefighters to control. Whilst brief rain showers over the past few days have enabled some residents to return to their homes, officials in several states have declared a state of emergency due to the imminent return of high temperatures and strong winds.

The scale of these blazes is nearly unimaginable. Since the fires started in September, they have:

• Burned over 6.3 million hectares (5x more than the Amazon Fires)
  • Destroyed more than 2,500 homes/buildings
  • Killed at least 24 people, including 3 volunteer firefighters
  • Eradicated ⅓ of the entire Koala population
  • Killed more than est. 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) wildlife
  • Forced hundreds of thousands of people to flee their homes
  • Caused more than 10 million people to inhale toxic levels of smoke

With more than 130 separate fires burning across the continent, the Australian fire services (many of whom are volunteers) are at breaking point. Wirex is donating 45,000 Satoshi (approx. $5AUD) for every comment and share, with all proceeds going directly to the emergency services who need them. We will absorb all exchange fees so the organizations get 100% of the funds raised.

:handshake: What do you need to do?

Step 1
Hit the ‘Reply’ button and simply let us know in the comments below which organisation you would like your donation to go to, ‘I’d like my donation to go towards…’ :

:arrow_right: NSW Rural Fire Service

Donations made to the NSW Rural Fire Service directly benefit volunteers fighting fires on the frontline.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/volunteer/support-your-local-brigade

:arrow_right: *WIRES

NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) need urgent assistance to help with these unprecedented emergencies to help rescue wildlife.

:arrow_right: The Australian Red Cross

The Australian Red Cross have launched a disaster relief and recovery fund to provide short and long-term support to people and communities impacted by the bushfires.

Step 2
Share this post using the :link: below on Facebook or Twitter to help spread awareness!

:handshake: What will we do?

For the next 48 hours, for every nomination and share of this post, we will donate 45,000 Satoshi (approx. $5AUD) to the emergency services of your choice. Update: We have decided to extend this campaign.

Exchange fees from BTC to AUD will be absorbed.

Share now. We’ll do our part. #SatsForAustralia

Best Regards,
Pavel, Dmitry and the Wirex team.

14 Likes

Australian Red Cross

1 Like

Great idea ! :blush:
I’d like my donation to go towards WIRES

2 Likes

Australian Red cross

1 Like

NSW Rural Fire Service please

1 Like

I want to donate from my wirex account too.

1 Like

I’d like my donation to go towards *WIRES

1 Like

I’d like my donation to go towards NSW Rural Fire Service

1 Like

Wires :heart::koala:

1 Like

NSW Rural Fire Service

1 Like

Australian Red Cross

1 Like

WIRES :koala:

2 Likes

NSW Rural Fire Service :clap:

1 Like

Wires

1 Like

Hi :wave: I would like to give to Wires please :pray: Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Australian Red Cross

1 Like

Thanks and this is a great Idea guys :+1:t2::heart::four_leaf_clover::koala:

1 Like

I would like my donation go to NSW Rural Fire Service

1 Like

Hi, I’d like my donation go towards NSW Rural Fire Service.

Thank you

1 Like