Blocked account/can't login

Hello, my account is still blocked. I don’t know who to contact and what to do. I did not think that WIREX support would take so long to resolve my issue. I was a student who thought that I could pay my expenses through the wirex service, but now I understand that this is impossible. Nothing comes to my email and I don’t know what to do with it. My ticket number 2782183

Hello, my account was blocked already a week ago, my money was more than 800usdt on it. I wrote to the support team several times but never received a response, although I provided them with the bank statement that they requested. How long do I have to wait for an answer? I need my money, you must understand me.
Tiket 2913528, 2921933

Hello @pulilandrest, we totally understand you. We’ve escalated your case and you will be contacted at the nearest time. Regards!

Hello @Prince_1337, please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused, our Support Team will update you via ticket at the nearest time.

Hello @NUrik, according to our records, the resolution about your Wirex account has been made already and we sent you a message on August 31st. Regards!

1 Like

there was no answer yet, can you help me finally solve my problem?

there was no answer yet, can you help me finally solve my problem?

Hello, my account was blocked already a week ago, my money was more than 800usdt on it. I wrote to the support team several times but never received a response, although I provided them with the bank statement that they requested. How long do I have to wait for an answer? I need my money, you must understand me.
Tiket 2913528, 2921933?

Hi @pulilandrest, we’ve already passed your case to the relevant team. You will be updated once it is possible. Regards!

You have ever said that something like 50 times? I’m still waiting for months

Have you ever said that something like 50 times? I’m still waiting for months

HELLO I AM WAITTING, @moderators

1 Like

Help him.

Thank yiu

@Prince_1337 We have forwarded this inquiry to our Support team. You will be contacted by them via email in ticket #1856744. Thank you for your patience. We hope for a quick resolution of your case.

Two weeks have passed since the moment of blocking my account, which was blocked for no reason! I wrote to support more than 10 times, sent a bank statement that was requested from me, wrote to you on the forum! But for all this time I DID NOT RECEIVE A SINGLE ANSWER FROM YOU! ON MY ACCOUNT IS MY 800 US dollars that you have frozen and do not want to return, if I don’t see the result, then this week I’m going to law enforcement agencies. Are you scammers? who steal money from Ukrainians, instead of helping me, you just keep quiet

You already answered that the 10 times before I asked for help on the forum, when are you going to do it? HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK

@pulilandrest Please let me assure you that the issue has not been forgotten and the relevant team is currently working on it.

you always say that, but the result is 0

@Prince_1337 We are sorry for the delay and we hope this will be resolved as soon as possible, however, as for now there is nothing else that we can do about it on our side.

@pulilandrest We are terribly sorry for all the inconveniences you have faced. We totally understand your frustration and dissatisfaction, and we hope for a prompt resolution of your issue.

Hello, I have been waiting for an answer from the support for more than 6 months, what is this bullshit?

Can I have my account unlocked ???

@moderators