Blocked for no reason

Having been a Wirex community Support champion, having been invited to various Wirex events and giving the company my full support since day 1, and having invested in the company, I just received this email notifying me of the closure of my account. I’ve been unable to use my account since they withdrew the Uk banking facility. I recently submitted some additional KYC info that was requested. I have complied with all the rules and regs as required. I can only hope this is a genuine mistake.

Dear Mr *****

Thank you for your interest in Wirex.

To adhere to regulatory requirements, we are obliged to conduct compliance checks on our client base. Unfortunately, our most recent check has found your account to be in violation of our Terms and Conditions, and we are therefore compelled to permanently block your account.

Regarding the outstanding funds on your account, please let us know the details of an external Local Currency account (including IBAN and beneficiary address)/ cryptocurrency address to which you would like the remaining funds to be transferred, including any relevant tags or references.

Kindly note that, due to applicable legislation and legal requirements, we cannot disclose the reason for your account closure and will not be able to accept any further account applications from you in the future.

We appreciate your cooperation on this matter,

Kind regards,

Wirex Review Team

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support Inquiry Escalation Thread

It’s extremely Frustrating, My account has been active and managed responsibly for around 3 years, I recently submitted a UK Pay slip as requested and heard no more. What frustrates me more is I’m a tier 2 investor and believed that all the people complaining about having their accounts blocked, had probably done something or failed to do something to avoid it. I’ve complied with everything they asked. As a result I can no longer actively participate in this community or support them on Social Media. I don’t expect to get any due funds back, from reading threads here its just not worth the stress of back and forth over 7 months plus to get no where. I genuinely feel sorry for the admin team on here, Wirex are making their job a living hell.

3 Likes

Having been a Wirex community Support champion, having been invited to various Wirex events and giving the company my full support since day 1, and having invested in the company, I just received this email notifying me of the closure of my account. I’ve been unable to use my account since they withdrew the Uk banking facility. I recently submitted some additional KYC info that was requested. I have complied with all the rules and regs as required. I can only hope this is a genuine mistake.

Dear Mr *****

Thank you for your interest in Wirex.

To adhere to regulatory requirements, we are obliged to conduct compliance checks on our client base. Unfortunately, our most recent check has found your account to be in violation of our Terms and Conditions, and we are therefore compelled to permanently block your account.

Regarding the outstanding funds on your account, please let us know the details of an external Local Currency account (including IBAN and beneficiary address)/ cryptocurrency address to which you would like the remaining funds to be transferred, including any relevant tags or references.

Kindly note that, due to applicable legislation and legal requirements, we cannot disclose the reason for your account closure and will not be able to accept any further account applications from you in the future.

We appreciate your cooperation on this matter,

Kind regards,

Wirex Review Team

2 Likes

Hi @SimonR! Please, refer to the information sent to you via email.

Kind regards!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support Inquiry Escalation Thread

Hi Maryna,

What information? the only communication from Wirex that I’ve received is to tell me my account is blocked and that they will not tell me why or allow me to apply for a new account. This is hardly helpful.

3 Likes

Hi @SimonR, we understand your frustration and want to apologize for this unpleasant situation. Please, reply to the last message you have received from our review team with the required information. And thank you for your cooperation. Warm regards!

Hello @Wirexbot_Wirexbot, how can we help you?

Yulia, the only information requested is that I give them my wallet addresses to transfer any remaining funds. Having followed a number of other threads on this forum, I 'm not going to bother, because the stress of doing so, to get absolutely nowhere in over 7 months, frankly isn’t worth it. What I really would like is an explanation as to why my account has been closed. If I haven’t used my account in about 4 months, I’m not sure how I have broken any T&C. I’ll refer it to the banking ombudsman as an unfair account closure.

2 Likes

Dear @SimonR,

Regards!

Yes I kind of got that from the email. Absolute clown show of a company, Genuinely can’t believe I’ve actively supported and defended Wirex for 3 years. So much for being a community support champion. 1 minute I’m having lunch with your CEO and CFO, and the next your blocking my account. Well done guys. No offence to the mods who admin this forum though, You guys do a great job of dealing with all the fall out of your companies screw ups.

2 Likes

Dear Simon,

We are sorry for your unpleasant experience. Let me kindly inform you that we may end or suspend your use of the Wirex Service without notice to you, at any time, and with immediate effect: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone

We appreciate your understanding!

For the record, I was contacted yesterday by the Accounts review team who stated:-

After reviewing your case, it has been decided that you were wrongly issued with an Account Closure Notice on 6 September 2021.

I would like to extend my apologies to you for the inconvenience and distress this has caused, unfortunately the notice was issued to you in error.

I can confirm that your account has been re-activated with all funds available.

Please feel free to contact myself should you have any further questions at this stage.

1 Like

Dear @SimonR, than for informing us on the matter.

We are glad to her regarding this decision. We would like to extend our apologies to you for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please, don’t hesitate to contact Wirex Support, if you need any help.

Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

You are not the first. I have had my money taken for 10 months now. Wirex say I need to contact another company to get my money. The matter is now at the Ombudsman and FCA.

3 Likes

Why do you have to contact another company to get your money?

Its good to hear some good news :slight_smile: do you continue to use wirex?

Wirex said because I used a Wirex card they are no longer responsible for money held on it. So despite them blocking my account and suspending my Wirex card they tell me to contact a company called Contis.

Contis have told me they need authorisation from Wirex to unblock my card. This is a commercial fraud by Wirex.

1 Like

Hi there ! :handshake: @maeserati99

I suggest you to create a ticket about your concern mam.

Regards.

1 Like