Can’t add a card to fund my account and no bank transfer option

Contacted support about this already, hoping someone here has some useful info to help me…

So I signed up, made an account, verified successfully, it’s all good.

But I cannot add funds to my account. The only option I have is to add a card but I cannot add either my credit or debit cards. I get an error in the app saying transaction failed. I tried on the website and it says technical difficulties, contact support.

As I said I have contacted support, still waiting for a reply.

When I opened the account I thought it’d be a UK bank account with an account number and sort code but I don’t see those details anywhere. Not in the app or on the website.

Am I missing something? Do I have to wait to get the details in the post or do I need to get my Wirex card first before I can use anything?

I would be happy to add funds to buy some crypto just to test this out but I cannot add my card as a payment method and there’s no option to transfer money through BACS/Faster Payments like a normal UK bank account so it’s literally useless to me right now.

Any idea what to expect from staff or other customers? When I can I begin actually using my Wirex account?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why can we not withdraw our gbp to personal accounts?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why can we not withdraw our gbp to personal accounts?