Can't access my EUR account

Today I transferred via SEPA into my Wirex EUR account for my first time.
Now I’m able to see the amount transferred on the account total and in the main dashboard.

However there’s no transaction history display, there are no “exchange” options and the only “send” option available is “to wirex user”.
Effectively I’m unable to do anything with these euros in my account.
(Ticket 1666132)

This is not the first bug I’ve experienced when using Wirex.
My other issues so far were:

• couldn’t activate ETH account, solved by first activating the DAI account.
  • can’t activate the Stellar account, there are no funding or other options enabled and the support haven’t resolved it for 24 days and counting

I’m looking forward to the Mastercard launch and I like the vision of Wirex, but you really need to step up your software quality. These bugs don’t really inspire you to use Wirex for anything serious

Ok I now figured out that when you make a transfer to the EUR account sepa details, it’s actually automatically added to a card account. Even though I’ve canceled the card weeks ago and have never used it (waiting for MasterCard) and the balance is shown on the EUR account.

I’ve now “withdrawn” from the (closed and greyed out) card. The status has been pending for a couple of hours even though it’s an internal transfer, let’s hope it gets done in a couple of days.

Really weird UX

Still pending. I’m able to try to withdraw from my closed card again. Now I have two pending transactions with the same amount. Wtf

Hello Johnny, thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention.

Let me kindly inform you that I have forwarded this case to our relevant team. They will check the issue and contact you via the ticket as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

Still no access to the euros. Support doesn’t even reply with any information about when they would return the SEPA transfer. No bank in Sweden would be alive for long with this kind of behavior.

I’ve ordered a new VISA card even though I’m not really interested in Wirex any longer, just to see if I can access the euros this way.

I’ve also tried Binance VISA instead, it works great. You get a virtual card activated instantly, there’s no FX fees, 1% cashback for free (and up to 8% with staking) and you get access to hundreds of crypto pairs since they’re an exchange…
Oh and the Binance support replies

Dear Johnny, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed resolution of this case.

I have escalated this issue to our relevant department. They will contact you via the ticket shortly.

Warm regards.

why u deleting my posts? they are real, u just make people live in illusions that ur service good, solve my problem to proof im wrong!

Jevgenij, as mentioned before, we kindly ask you not to spam with posts on different topics as this is a violation of the Community Forum rules.

Warm regards.

Hello

Same situation

After several days of waiting and now weeks, I really have doubts about your skills. I am really annoyed and pissed off by the situation. So much so that after advising wirex on the forums and groups where I am, I am now sharing my experience which has become very negative and people no longer want to come to you. I highly recommend going to the competition and started by doing it for my family. Well done then and keep it up.

Hi Riadh,

I am sincerely sorry about your experience.

I have checked your case and I can confirm that the technicians are already working on the resolution of the issue with your account. We have no ETA as of yet, however, I can promise this will be fixed as soon as possible

And of course, we will keep you updated via the ticket.

Best regards!

It’s a matter of trust, and once it’s lost it’s very hard to get it back.

1 Like

Dear Riadh, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience and I understand how disappointing it is.

I can totally understand you and your feelings.

Please rest assured that the relevant team is working hard on the possible solutions and you will be informed immediately in case of any news.

Warm regards.

14 days update:

• no access to euros
  • no card delivery
  • no more updates than “top priority” and “relevant team is processing”

I’ve now also contacted the bank behind Wirex that owns the actual accounts (https://contis.com in my case).
If someone else wants to do this, they can search their account on https://www.iban.com/iban-checker or just check with your own bank what bank address the receipient have.

Dear Johnny, I feel how unpleasant this matter is for you.

Please, accept my sincere apologies for your experience. I have escalated this case one more time. Please rest assured that our Finance Team will do their best to resolve the issue for you as soon as it’s technically possible.

Warm regards.

Ok so I finally received the card today.
Went ahead activating it hoping to be able to withdraw the locked euros via the card.

After activating, the account now instead shows 0€!
WTF Wirex

Dear Johnny, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

According to our records, you have requested a transfer of your funds to your external account. Your request was escalated today and fulfilled.

Warm regards.

I can confirm that I finally got the refund today

1 Like

Hi Johnny, this is great, thank you for letting us know.

I am glad to know your case was resolved and would like to thank you for your kind patience during the process.

Please feel free to contact us back anytime in case of any issues.

Have a nice week!

2 Likes