Card blocked cant use it

Hi @Mie,

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please be informed that our relevant department is already working on the possible solutions to your issue and you will be updated via your support ticket as soon as possible.

Best regards!

2 Likes

WA… Wirex. Can u unlock my account Pls!
No. 316815

ETF. 3 months :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Last time 1month.

This time around 2week…more

But I use wirexcard just Half year

lock my account 3 time

No reason lock my account.

I’m now sd email every day
still waiting :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I need money

wirex a u listen??? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Request no. 316815
Let me tell you that I want to complain to the relevant team for causing me a loss. The relevant team made me owe credit cards and interest. Emotions are threatened. How does Relevant team compensate? ? ? I now complain to you. Don’t talk rubbish anymore, repeat and repeat, it’s obviously your fault. Will you be responsible? I use wirexcard and lock it several times a year. How do you make up for the disappointment and loss of your customers?22/3 to Now…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:Relevant team
No reply email unlock my account now​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos:

No. 316815
Use Wirex half lock account 3 time​:cry::cry:wirex no reason lock account :sob:
Now Lock my acc repeat :repeat_one::cry:

I need money… Wirex update for me!!

No. 316815
Use Wirex half lock account 3 time​:cry::cry:wirex no reason lock account :sob:
Now Lock my acc repeat :repeat_one::cry:

I need money… Wirex update for me

Hi @Koo,

The relevant team is still looking into your case. We will contact you once there is an update.

Best wishes!

1 Like

But u tell to me around 15 time more…

Also update and update repeat :repeat_one: and repeat again :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Im now still waiting around 3 week… How to do??? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

U tell to relevant team
Why use wirexcard half year lock my account 3 times.
Why no reason lock my account
No results??? Why why.
U don’t pass to another department…
I ask u u pass… Pass pass pass… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

HELP

Unbelieveable I can’t do anything .:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:
Not even order the New card.
Al my friends who I told about Wirex have already their new card at home and their accounts were never blocked.
They got a mail that the old card expired and with 2 clicks they have ordered the new one​:question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos:

When I want to order my card you sent me in the mail I got from wirex to my account/app who is blocked​:question::question::question::question::question:
Never got a mail that my old card go expired. Only order a new card several times…what I already did in the half of last year…in the first mails…got mail you are on the list.:astonished::grin:
My account who takes nothing anymore, not my password not even my own safeword. I did even the picture of my face that was asked for an other password…but my safe word the 4th letter of it you want take it​:question::question::question::question::question:so still blocked again and again and again…
I become sick of this … No I am already sick from what is going on here. Doctor says stress is no good but he has nothing to handle with wirex so no stress about that for him​:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:
And I already sented more than 20 mails.
I am blocked since December 2020.
This is not right anymore.

I did the last transaction in november… I can you give pictures of both sides of the transaction.

BUT WHAT TO DO PLEASE???

I even didn’t use my card that week ?.
Why blocked?
Hackers in Wirex…I suppose so…because wirex closed a few days that time???

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:please unlock me…let me take my own btc, and that way I can stop sending mails and have a quiet live again. Thanks.

THINK I AM AFRAID TO USE WIREX AGAIN AFTER THE UNLOCKING…WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I was Always happy with wirex…always working quiet well…BEFORE THE BLOCKING WITHOUT REASON…can I trust wirex after this?? To be unlocked without blocking again… Can YOU give met the :100:% for that…for using it ? Please?
Please:

Just want my own btc …thats all.I always supported for wirex…but my believe in Wirex is for away now.
Hoping you will fix this all and that I can work with Wirex again.

Thanks

Yes me 2…:cry:Waiting and waiting repeat :repeat_one: again

Last time around 1 months… :man_facepalming:I need :dollar:

Hi @Koo,

We are sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Your case has been escalated to the highest priority and you will be updated via the ticket as soon as possible.

Please find more details regarding the situation following this link: Why is my account blocked / frozen?

Warm regards!

1 Like

Hi @Mie,

We completely understand how much inconvenience has been caused by this unpleasant situation.

Please rest assured that this case has been escalated to our relevant team one more time to speed up the process of resolution. As soon as we have an update from them, we will contact you without any delay.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

Hey ina, another Problem, still have money on my old Card, now i get the new one and cant use the old one, can you transfer the money to the new one?

Ticket no. 316815
Why I can’t use my assets. I need my assets my money. Pls u give me. I’m so hard earning hard-earned money

Ticket No. 316815
Almosts 1 month. How long waiting???

I have to pay a credit card fee. . . It’s too late. . . Will the support team and relevant team take the responsibility for me? ? ? ?

Ticket No. 316815
Almosts 1 month. How long waiting???

I have to pay a credit card fee. . . It’s too late. . . Will the support team and relevant team take the responsibility for me? ? ? ?:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Dear @Heya,

Kindly check the following link for more information: Visa card account FAQ

Regards!

1 Like