Card not supported in shop

Hi,

I’m posting here as I’ve had no reply to my query via customer support email. I recently received opened my account and loaded my card with euros as I live in Spain. However, when I tried to pay for the first time in a shop, a large chain not a small local shop, the card terminal wouldn’t process the transaction as it said the card was not supported. The same thing happened in a large supermarket too. Why would this be? These particular shops accept Visa cards as I’ve paid there in the past with all manner of cards. I’m quite impressed with Wirex but if I can’t use the card that kind of negates any of the advantages.

Hope you can give me some advice or explanation as to why the card is not is not supported.

2 Likes

Hello Matt, thank you for your request!

Could you please provide me with the reference ticket number? I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

Yes my ticket number is 1744943.

Many thanks
Matt

Dear Matt,

I have just sent you an update via the ticket. Could you please check your mailbox?

Best Regards!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I know there are no funds in my account now as I transferred the funds out when I realised the card wasn’t being accepted. At the time of the attempted transactions I had added money to my account and I had added the funds to my card to be able to pay as I stated in my original ticket.

So I still don’t have an answer to why the card isn’t being accepted. The card terminal in both shops told the card wasn’t supported. At no point did it say declined or anything similar. Also, the card terminal was issued by two of the biggest banks here in Spain hence why I’m a little confused as to why the card isn’t accepted.

1 Like

Dear Matt, thank you for the clarification.

I have just contacted you via the ticket to clarify additional details of this case. Let me kindly ask you to check your mailbox and provide me with a response via the ticket directly.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like