Crypto Corner - A Profile on NANO

Our decision to add Nano to Wirex at the start of 2019 was a logical one. Nano strives to make money more efficient and accessible to all - visions we wholeheartedly agree with here at Wirex.

Nano (formerly RaiBlocks) was created in 2015 by software developer Colin LeMahieu, who sought to address some significant shortcomings he noted in Bitcoin and other altcoins.

The main issue LeMahieu found with standard, monolithic blockchains such as that of Bitcoin was scalability; the network’s limited ability to cope with high numbers of transactions. In an attempt to resolve this, Nano eliminates the mining process used to create new tokens altogether by using a unique block-lattice data structure in which each account has its own blockchain (known as an “account-chain”). This way, an unlimited number of transactions can be processed simultaneously, resulting in zero-fee, near-instantaneous transfers which require significantly less energy consumption than Bitcoin transactions.

Block Lattice technology prevents the need for mining thanks to its Open Representative Voting (ORV) process. Unlike the energy-consuming Proof of Work (PoW) concept, which incentivises and rewards miners for creating blocks, ORV democratises the process by allowing token holders to vote for delegates, who then hold the power to vote on the validity of transactions.

This process enables the network to be much more energy-efficient, and therefore able to handle higher volumes of transactions at higher speeds. While it’s safe to say most cryptocurrencies’ are centred on the idea of decentralisation, Nano takes it one step further with its unique and innovative take on distributed ledger technology. Add to the mix its eco-friendly focus and the token certainly stands out from its peers.

As expected of a token which set out to improve upon Bitcoin, Nano’s intention is to be used as a digital cash for everyday payments, rather than any kind of fuel for smart contracts, like Ether. So it’s the perfect crypto to spend on your morning coffee with your Wirex card.

Nano Competition

As we’re profiling Nano this week, we’ve decided to throw a little competition on our Twitter and Instagram channels! All you have to do is go to our latest posts on Twitter and Instagram to see the full details on how to enter.* That’s it. We will be awarding 2 lucky winners with 50 Nano each into their Wirex Nano account.

For full entry details, entrants must check the associated Twitter and Instagram posts.

1. The competition closes on (26.07.2020 11:59PM BST).
  2. Winners must be a verified user with an activated Wirex Nano account.
  3. Two winners will be chosen.
  4. Winner will have 50 Nano funded into their Wirex Nano account.
  5. We will announce the winners on our community forum in this post on 03.08.2020.
  6. Once the winner is contacted, the winner will have to provide the requested details within 48 hours to claim their prize. Otherwise another winner will be chosen.
  7. We will award the Nano to the winner once they have been contacted in approximately 7-12 working days time.
  8. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.

NOW CLOSED

AND THE WINNER IS
@thatmathguyy (Twitter)
@cryptopreneur.in (Instagram)

8 Likes

Love that nano is fee free! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing guys - Great insight and I’ve entered the competition!

2 Likes

I’m interested to hear from the community members on the differences between Litecoin and Nano, they both seem to offer increase in speed / # txns processing as major selling points, are there any big differentiators to the uses they might benefit from beng applied to?

1 Like

I’ve recently started to collect Nano. I hope I can spend it like real money in the future, would be great to directly use my card to buy groceries and pay the bill with Nano

1 Like

1 Like

Merci

1 Like

Good info! I enjoy nano I belive in what they are doing. Happily supporting this eco system :cupid:

1 Like

Very quick, and no fee. Need to find out how it works

2 Likes

When I got requested my card , I got also free Nano very lucky having a wirex

1 Like

tengo un problema en la plataforma y llevo más de 21 un día y nadie se pone en contacto no se si esto es normal en wirex

1 Like