New stablecoins now available in the Wirex app!
Today’s advent gift is going to be a little different.
Why? Because we’ve got a great range of new stablecoins now available in the Wirex app!
We’re super excited to introduce USDT, USDC, TUSD, USDP and EURS to the Wirex family, all of which are now available to buy and exchange in-app at exclusive OTC rates!
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget your reward – you can earn €5 in WXT when you buy any of these stablecoins with your credit or debit card today. Simply buy at least €50 worth in a single transaction, and it’s all yours! Which one will you choose?
Don’t take too long to decide – you’ve only got 24 hours before the deal is gone!
In case you’re not sure which stablecoin to choose, here’s a quick lowdown of our new arrivals:
USDT is a well-established player in the stablecoin space. It was designed to be backed by the USD Dollar to maintain a stable value and reduce volatility. It is also the 5th largest cryptocurrency by market cap.
USD Coin (USDC)
USDC is pegged 1:1 to the US Dollar and is backed by cash and short-duration US treasuries. As of October 2021, there are currently 32.5 billion USDC tokens in circulation.
Fully backed by the US Dollar, TUSD markets itself as “the world’s most transparent stablecoin” and is popular among traders for its transparency and accessibility.
Pax Dollar (USDP)
USDP is a fiat-collateralised stablecoin that aims to stabilise the US Dollar with blockchain technology. It is regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
Stasis Euro (EURS)
EURS is an ERC/EIP20 token that mirrors the value of the Euro, and is the first stablecoin to introduce delegated payments on the Ethereum blockchain.
Advent 2021 Crypto Promotion Stablecoins Week 2 - Day 5 EEA & APAC Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to the Advent 2021 Crypto Promotion Stablecoins Week 2 - Day 5 (the “Promotion”) which is offered by Wirex Ireland Limited in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by Wirex Pte Ltd in the Asia Pacific (“APAC”) (each separately referred to as “Wirex”):
1. The Promotion will run from 10:00 (GMT) on 17 December 2021 until 10:00 (GMT) on 18 December 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. This Promotion is open to users of the Wirex Service only (as defined by the applicable Wirex terms & conditions: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone) resident in the EEA and APAC region (“Eligible Participants”). For the avoidance of doubt, no other users of the Wirex Service are eligible for this Promotion.
3. The Promotion applies to Eligible Participants who complete a cryptocurrency purchase of any of the following Stablecoins with a minimum exchange value of EUR 50 (in the EEA) or USD 50 (in APAC) via debit or credit card in the Wirex App during the Promotion Period:
* USDT or;
* USDC or;
* TUSD or;
4. Qualifying Transactions are limited to five (5) per Eligible Participants with no more than one transaction per promotion per token during the Promotion Period.
5. Any Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction prior to or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible to receive the Reward.
6. The Reward will be paid to all Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Participants”).
7. The Reward will be paid to Qualifying Participants’ Wirex accounts within 30 Working Days of the end of the Promotion Period. Once a Qualifying Participant has received the Reward, it can be converted to traditional fiat currency through the Wirex Service at the Qualifying Participant’s discretion.
8. “EUR” means Euro.
9. “EURS” is a Stablecoin pegged to the Euro.
10. “Reward” means the WXT equivalent to EUR 5 (in the EEA) or USD 5 (in APAC) which will be calculated by an exchange rate determined by Wirex from time to time in its absolute discretion. The Reward will be paid in WXT only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Reward may be amended or cancelled by Wirex at any time without prior notice.
11. “Stablecoins” means cryptocurrencies that peg their market value to an external currency.
12. “TUSD” means the verified ERC 20 token pegged to the US dollar.
13. “USD” means United States Dollar.
14. “USDC” means the Ethereum based Stablecoin pegged with the US dollar.
15. “USDP” means the Paxos Stablecoin.
16. “USDT” means the Tether Stablecoin.
17. “Wirex App” means the Wirex mobile application which allows you to buy, store, exchange and spend a wide variety of traditional and digital currencies.
18. “Working Days” means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and any public holidays when the banks of England are closed for business.
19. “WXT” means the Wirex Token on the Wirex Service.
20. Subject to applicable law, Wirex will not under any circumstances be liable to compensate Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties for any losses or damages occurring as a result of their participation or engagement with this Promotion.
21. Wirex may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Promotion at any time without prior notice to Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties.
22. This Promotion is launched by Wirex independently and there are no partnerships between Wirex and any merchant or other third parties relating to this Promotion.
23. Wirex will only process personal information collected or received in connection with the Promotion as set out in its Privacy, Data Use and Retention Policy, which is available on by clicking the following link: Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone
24. The Terms of this Promotion are governed by the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute, controversy or claim (including any non-contractual dispute, controversy or claim) arising out of or in connection with this Promotion.
I sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs
sure :), if they are you have to use
Do I get 3 wxt bonus if I buy usdc tusd and usdt?
Are all stable coins only on ERC-20?
I would appreciate if any is on a reasonable transfer fee blockchain.
Some of us are not so rich to bear with ERC-20 fees.