Discussion time - What first attracted you to cryptocurrency and what was your first ever crypto buy?

Everyone has a crypto origins story and it’s always an interesting one to hear. Therefore we thought why not throw this question your way…

What first attracted you to cryptocurrency and what was your first ever crypto buy?

Let us know in the comments section below.

Competition T&Cs

1. Promotion is open to all Wirex account users.
  2. To get the chance of winning 250 GBP in WXT, users have to sign up to the community forum and write a comment on this post within the campaign period.
  3. Campaign start period: Sept 5th (11:00 BST)
  4. Campaign end date: Sept. 9th.
  5. All comments and sign-ups to the community forum made on the 9th will be counted. Once we have written ‘competition now closed’ on this post, no further entries will be accepted.
  6. Customers can comment more than once.
  7. Cashback will be credited to the winning user’s WXT account and can be converted to traditional currency through the app at any point in time.
  8. The randomly selected winner will be contacted via a direct email on the community forum by the 14th September. The winner will also be announced on the community post.
  9. If we don’t hear back from the winner after we contact them in 3 days, the winnings will be forfeited.

COMPETITION NOW CLOSED.
The Winner will be contacted via a private message on the forum. Once the winner has been informed personally we will then announce it here in this post.

31 Likes

for me is LIBERTY.

4 Likes

Bit coin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Total financial freedom. A pity not to have started earlier. BTC

2 Likes

My friend got me into XRP, now i live and breathe crypto and trading

3 Likes

I got told about Lionshares and thought I would try it, I got recommended to try Wirex so I could spend my money, put money in and tried it at the shop nervously payed for my food! But it accepted!! Haha now I’m learning all about investing in cryptocurrency!

1 Like

Hi,
For me it’s simplicity and my wirex card is very simple to use :slight_smile:
and my firt crypto buy was food :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bitcoin. Back when it started. Had 14 in a wallet on a drive. Lost all due too drive failure.

That’s life! :wink:

In the beggining of the pandemic situation my couple showed a different way to out my money to work, cryptocurrencies. I first bought was ETH.

:+1::+1:

Wirex the best card in the Crypto world

1 Like

My first time in crypto was during the Covid19, I had interested and I studied the crypto world. Finally I decided to buy I little part of Bitcoin

Hi! Wirex is the best. Thanks

It was bitcoin because I needed to pay something which I could only but with BTC. BTC was 200 dollar that time and I spend 800 dollar would rather had those bitcoins now…

1 Like

I started in 2017, didn’t know much about it but started to invest a little bit. I have learned a lot since then.
What attracted me to crypto was Freedom!

BTC for me never looked back!!

I started investing in btc in 2016. It was the best choice of my life

Best service, work very quickly, and the possibility to earn money. And very interesting btc change

(1) The possibility to be free from traditional banks

(2) CRO

I bought my first Bitcoin for 2.80 Euro.

1 Like

Ethereum