No hot date planned for tonight? Don’t despair - we’ve got an even better Valentine’s activity lined up for you. It’ll put your crypto knowledge to the test, and - if you’re lucky - reward you with a generous WXT prize too!
For your chance to win €/US$50 in WXT, simply find 4 of the cryptocurrencies hidden in our Valentine’s wordsearch.
How to play
Here’s how to play:
Find at least 4 of the words in the wordsearch (read on for some clues).
Submit your answer in the comments section before the 17 of February.
Wait and see if you’re one of the lucky winners!
If you’ve been keeping up to date with our Crypto Corner series, you’ll find this a total breeze. All of the words in the word search can be found in our token profile series, and here’s a bonus hint for you - they’re all cryptocurrencies…
So, here’s what you’ve got to find:
___ is the native token of the ___ Network, a value transfer network that aims to make transactions faster, cheaper and more secure.
___ was founded in 2018 by Hart Lumbar, who had previously worked as a professional trader at Goldman Sachs.
The ___ token is the force behind the Augur software, a decentralised prediction market platform that runs on the Ethereum blockchain.
You can also take out “flash loans” with ____, which are executed almost instantly and do not require any collateral.
___ is primarily used by publishers, advertisers and conventional users and is exchanged between these parties based on web activity.
In September 2020, ___ made headlines for being worth more than bitcoin - it hit an all-time high of around $43,000, whereas BTC was only worth $10,500 at the time.
___ is the native token of Loopring, a DeFi protocol that allows developers to build their own decentralised crypto exchanges.
____ gained over 500% in value before it even reached its first birthday and was up an incredible 1,000% from its launch price at one point during that time.
Interestingly, ___’s website doesn’t list any founders, and there’s no official launch date on record.
___ is the governance token for 0x, which is a protocol used for the peer-to-peer exchange of tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.
In terms of utility, ___ is required for paying fees given on collateralised debt positions (CDPs) in the system. Only ___ can be used to pay these fees, and tokens are burned once they’re paid off.
___ is a utility token which acts as the “glue that connects different stakeholders in Kyber’s ecosystem.”
Fall in Love Valentine’s Word Search Competition EEA & APAC Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to the Fall in Love Valentine’s Word Search Competition (the “Competition”) which is offered by Wirex Digital LLC in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by Wirex Pte Ltd in the Asia Pacific (“APAC”) region (each separately referred to as “Wirex”).
1. This Competition will run from the 18:00 (GMT) on 10 February until 23:59 (GMT) on 17 February 2022 (the “Competition Period”)
2. This Competition is open to users of the Wirex Service only (as defined by the applicable Wirex terms & conditions: https://wirexapp.com/en/terms-and-policies) resident in the EEA or APAC region who have a verified Wirex account and have signed up to the Wirex Community Forum (“Eligible Participants”, “their”).
3. For the avoidance of doubt, no other users of the Wirex Service are eligible for this Competition.
4. To qualify for the Competition, Eligible Participants must find four (4) correct words that relate to Wirex or cryptocurrency on the Valentine’s Word Search Post and insert their answers in the comment section of the Valentine’s Word Search Post (“Qualifying Task”).
5. Wirex will select five (5) Eligible Participants who have completed a Qualifying Task as the Winners of this Competition (the “Winners” each a “Winner”).
6. The Winners will be contacted by private message from one of the members of the Wirex Community Team via the Wirex Community Forum.
7. Once a Winner is contacted by a member of Wirex, to be eligible for the Reward the Winner must respond to the message confirming their Wirex registered email address within 48 hours from the date the message was sent to the Winner to claim their prize (“Qualifying Action”).
8. If a Winner does not reply within 48 hours Wirex reserves the right to select another Winner (please note, Wirex will never ask for any other account details via social media message, please do not provide any other information about your account in response to the notification).
9. If Winners agree in writing they will be announced on the Word Search Post on the Wirex Community Forum.
10. The Reward will be credited to Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Action within the Competition Period (“Qualifying Participants”).
11. The Reward will be paid to Qualifying Participants’ accounts within 30 Working Days of the end of the Competition Period.
12. Once a Qualifying Participant has received the Reward it can be converted to traditional fiat currency through the Wirex Service at the Qualifying Participants’ sole discretion.
13. "EUR” means Euros.
14. “Reward” means the WXT equivalent to EUR 50 (in the EEA) or USD 50 (in APAC) which will be calculated by an exchange rate set by Wirex from time to time in its absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, the Reward will be distributed in WXT only and each Qualifying Participant will be eligible to receive the Reward only once.
15. “USD” means United States Dollar.
16. “Valentine’s Word Search Post” means the Wirex word search post shared via the Wirex community forum titled “Fall in Love Word Search”.
17. “Wirex Community Forum” means the Wirex community platform which is a space for discussion among Wirex members hosted on the Wirex website: https://community.wirexapp.com/
18. “Wirex Community Team” consists of the following two members of the marketing team who are available to help during the Competition: @Ali_Wirex and @ChienChien_Wirex
19. “Working Days” means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and any public holidays when the banks of England are closed for business.
20. “WXT” means the Wirex Token on the Wirex Service.
21. Subject to applicable law, Wirex will not under any circumstances be liable to compensate Wirex users, Eligible Participants or other third parties for any losses or damages occurring as a result of their participation or engagement with this Competition.
22. The Reward amount may be varied at any time without notice to Eligible Participants, Winners or other third parties.
24. Wirex may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Competition at any time without prior notice to Wirex users, Eligible Participants or other third parties.
25. This Competition is launched by Wirex independently and there are no partnerships between Wirex and any merchant or other third parties relating to this Competition.
26. The Terms of this Competition are governed by the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute, controversy or claim (including any non-contractual dispute, controversy or claim) arising out of or in connection with this Competition.