Forgotten password

Dear team.
I had forgotten my password and when I tried to reset it it asked to raise a ticket which I did and got response after 3 days after escalation that to send my I had a reply telling to give my selfie and ID document to verify again my identity before sending link for new password .
How safe is to give my ID details over the email. and
Is this the normal practice to verify my identity every time if I have to reset password.

Hello Madhu, thank you for your request.

I checked this case with our relevant team and they confirmed that your request was being processed by the ticket 1533112.
Let me kindly inform you that it’s a standard password recovery procedure. Due to security and privacy reasons, it’s being processed via the ticket.

As the security of our clients’ accounts is our main priority, we are not able to reset passwords for your Wirex account until you provide us with the requested details.

Please be informed that it’s a security measure and we require this information in order to make sure that we are granting access to the legitimate owner of the account.

Thank you for your understanding!

2 Likes

Thank you. How long does this verification process takes place and when will I know as the password reset link will be active only for 3 hours from the time I receive it
Thanks

Dear Madhu,

Let me kindly inform you that your request is being processed by the Support Team via the ticket 1533112.
Please, reply to this ticket so that our Support Agent could assist you further.

Please note that due to security and privacy reasons I will be unable to proceed with this request via the Community Forum.

Thank you in advance!

Wirex app won’t let me to create new password I can’t remember what it was

Hello Donna, I am sincerely sorry for this unpleasant situation.

I have just sent you an email in order to specify the additional details of your case, please provide me with a reply so that I could assist you further.

Thank you in advance!

Do I send you a pic of my drivers license to this email?

Dear Donna,

I have just updated you via the ticket. Could you please check your mailbox and reply directly to this ticket?
I will be glad to help you.

Thank you in advance!

Still I have not able to reset the password. Initially the glitch was I did not hold my photo identity and my photo as I had sent them separately which was not specified in the first instance. After sending this again finally I received password reset email on Sunday but the password was expired by the time I saw the email. Same thing happened again when it was resent as I had no way of knowing unless I am on my email account 24 hours a day.

I understand Wirex has taken security seriously but if there is no way of communicating to the individual in a timely way it defeats the purpose. Now again after 3 days still awaiting another email from Wirex allowing me to reset the password.
Let me see it is now over a week since my original request let’s see when I will be able to access the account.

Hi Madhu, thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I have just updated you via the ticket, could you please take a look?

If the issue is still taking place - please do not hesitate to let me know.

Warm regards.