How can you cancel a card or account?

Hello wirex team i have sent a ticket since a month now to close my account with no reply. Please do something. Ticket number (222591)

Hello wirex team i have sent a ticket since a month now to close my account with no reply. Please do something. Ticket number (222591). Thank you

Hello @Cizo, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed update.

I have checked your case and I can confirm that we’ve sent you an update via ticket.

Best regards.

Hello @Jenny05, I am sincerely sorry for this delay.

I’ve just updated you via the ticket. Could you please check your mailbox now?

Warm Regards!

Hello Anastasiia, thank you very much for your reply, i would like to delete my account and delete very collected deta as well thank you very much.

Dear Jenny, I have just sent you an update via the support ticket. Please check it from your side.

Best wishes!

Hi , I would like to delete my account as well , request (308934)
As fast as possible please . it’s a simple and clear request

Hi
I want to close my account to.
Please give me a ticket, or write me via Mail how to do it.
You guys have the worst service
I had problems for months to transfer my money. No I finally brought it to my private wallet and want to close the f…ng account.

Hi @Julien123,

I have updated you via the support ticket. Please check your mailbox.

Thank you in advance!

Hello @Stanislav_Kotomin, I’m really sorry for your experience.

Please submit your request via Wirex. Crypto-Friendly Currency Account and provide me with your support ticket number so that we could process it with the first priority.

Thank you in advance!

Good day,
Like i was explaining in the chat.
I want to cancel the Konto.

Thanks
Stanislav Kotomin

Dear Stanislav, thank you for your response.

In order to assist further, we need the email address associated with your Wirex account or the reference ticket number to find your account in our system. Note that you can PM me your email address (the one that is associated with your Wirex account).

Regards!

Dear @Stanislav_Kotomin, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed response.

I have escalated your case to our Support team, they will update you via the ticket shortly.
We had to remove your post as it contained your personal information, please note that the community forum is a public page and this is not secure to post your personal details in the topic.

Best regards!

PLEASE can you cancel my account? there should be a button allowing the account to be closed without all of this hoop jumping… absolute disregard of my desires regarding MY DATA really, CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Card blocked cant use it

Hi @kushTmush,

I have sent you a message via the support ticket. Please check your mailbox.

Best wishes!

My inbox only had greetings message from wirexbot -.-

A post was merged into an existing topic: Card blocked cant use it

Hi @kushTmush,

I have re-sent you the message. Please check your mailbox.

Regards!

Nope still just the one message from wirexbot “greetings”