I got scammed of $3500 aud

Hi

I got scammed nearly a month ago through a link on from a fake wirex pages on Facebook, and have sent all relevant paperwork and and information needed and have not had any response as to wtf is going on!
I have been replying to the emails I have received but have had no response, which is very frustrating. It has been a very terrible experience with customer service from Wirex from the very time I got scammed and drained of all funds, lack of communication is a very big let down with this so called company!
Ticket number is 1680081 any help would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Mariana, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed update.

Regretfully, we have no news in regards to your matter from our relevant team as of now.

Still, I can state for sure your case is being investigated and you will be updated ASAP in case of any news.

I have now updated your ticket as well.

Warm regards!

1 Like

OMG is that you again Yan, I emailed you with no response?, but when I query my situation elsewhere, you seem to just pop up out of nowhere?, AND I have now realised in this WIREX community chat that a few people have been scammed of their monees and have had no response for 2 weeks, WELL my monees was taken 4 weeks ago today and I have had no response, as to what the heck is going on?
It is just getting pathetic now!!

1 Like

Dear Mariana, I feel how unpleasant this matter is for you, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

According to our records, your case is being processed by our relevant team. Please rest assured that they will contact via the ticket directly as soon as there is an update.
Your patience is highly appreciated.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Hi Kateryna

Thankyou for the response :pray:
But an apology for my unpleasant situation does not compensate for the fact that my monees was stolen from my Wirex Account, through clicking on a link advertised by a so called fake WIREX Facebook pages, ( which I was unaware of!, but obviously found out, when it was too late :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)
But the actual point is that it has been over a month now???, and I still have not had any response, as to when or if I will be getting my funds back???
I am sorry to say this BUT WIREX SUPPORT IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE, AND HAS BEEN SINCE THE MOMENT I TRIED TO MAKE CONTACT AS SOON AS I NOTICED FUNDS WERE GONE, IN WHICH IT TOOK OVER 24HRS TO EVEN GET A RESPONSE???

REGARDS

MARIANA HEKE

Hello Mariana, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delayed time of the investigation.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the security-related cases are always processed manually as the security of our users is the highest priority for us. They are processed by the relevant department and the time for the processing is depending from case to case.

We have already escalated this and the best option, in this case, will be to wait for the complete resolution and answer from our relevant department.

Best regards!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You can’t just lose your money by simply clicking a link. There’s steps that had to occur that are totally out of anyone elses control.
You can’t just come on the forum and blame Wirex support for your mistake!
Being mad… absolutely… But be mad at yourself.
This is not a Wirex or Wirex support problem.

3 Likes

Oh go away, and worry about yourselves, I know there was more to just clicking on a link

Sent on the go with Vodafone

Terrible,
I get messages about bonusses on FB…it seems to be Wirex but it isn’t !!! I did contact the support and changed my password twice!

Yes Ab Visser, I contacted Facebook and Wirex and they said they cannot do anything about the fake scamming page, GO FIGURE?, you’d think the actual Wirex could do something, but apparently they say they can’t, it’s like hello they are using your name??

Sent on the go with Vodafone

Hello @Ab_Visser, I am sincerely sorry that you have faced such a situation.

Could you please provide me with the reference ticket number? I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I know that boi, and yes I know it was my fault BUT no response from Wirex as to what’s going on is what’s making me mad :fu:
Getting the same response every week I email ‘your case is in the relevant hands, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!’ AND then no response?, AND it’s been going on 6 weeks now since my monees were taken?, Yea it was my fault because I was silly or as another farkwit put a fool to fall for a scam :fu: NO excuse I know, but I am new to this Crypto world, and I had wtx tokens, and thought Wirex advertising it, thought I was going to get some free ones, and it’s just weird that they were able to send me an Authentication code to my phone messages, AND to even have a certain amount of wxt tokens declined in my account in Red, well everything was in Red when I realised what was going on!, AND then I could not contact anyone from support till 24hrs later?And now the delay of wtf is going on!, Hey if I don’t get it back I don’t get it back, BUT let me know what’s up, I know I fark up, But hey no ones perfect when starting new ventures.
BUT I still think Wirex Support is very incompetent and have been from the start, AND that’s my personal opinion :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:
So peace out Draw2

1 Like

I agree with you Draw

2 Likes