Introduce yourself!

@henrylavery101 Hi, thanks for your kind reply and yes i have just obtained my ticket and this is my ticket number 1558517.
Please someone else should help me on how to find the four digits code to top up my account because I have tried all I can to find it and all to no avail

The Wirex team should be able to assist you

@wirex @Jenny_Wirex @Fadzhana_Wirex @Fadzhana_Wirex @Gus_Wirex @Yan_Wirex @kat

My ticket just for the record is 1506635
It has been over six weeks that I have been unable to get to my money over £2000 of my disability money and I have nothing to live on all that time. Repeatedly daily requests for updates have gone unheard finally yesterday six weeks and four days after I was asked to verify my address that I was informed when I ask if I could at least know if the relevant team had the right documents that I was told that they had of course already reviewed my documents but further investigation due to wirex procedures was required. Let me tell you no financial entity on this planet in any corner of the world from Wall Street to Downtown Khartoum in The Sudan restricts its customers for a period this long while verifying documents and then following procedures I have documented all my correspondences with wirex about this matter and have given them to my ombudsman investigator idil bidair and we both have no other option it to consider this action as on a par with the all time greatest scammers in the financial world. Wirex is a billon dollar scam. And both myself and the ombudsman have no other reason not to think so. The is no legal reason that wirex have the right to withhold me from acceding my own money which I can prove its origins quite easily therefore it is definitely a scam!!

Is this even a real? It just doesn’t read right? However, If it is I’m sure the relevant support team will help out as soon as possible. They are very reliable.

Hello there. I’m sorry to hear that you are still waiting for a response from support. We will pass the ticket to support so they can act faster on it. Thank you for your patience

Ticket 1506635
Do you realise I have been waiting six and six days to get access to my money? Please be advised as soon as it is resolved hopefully by the morning , if there is a god, I will immediately transfer the full balance of my account to my bank account and straight close my wirex account so I never have to be manipulated financially by you again and put myself in such a helpless situation.

Ticket 1506635
Do you realise I have been waiting six weeks and six days to get access to my money? Please be advised as soon as it is resolved hopefully by the morning , if there is a god, I will immediately transfer the full balance of my account to my bank account and straight close my wirex account so I never have to be manipulated financially by you again and put myself in such a helpless situation.

Hello I sent bitcoin yesterday to a friend, my transaction is still pending, my account has been debited, my friend has not yet received his bitcoin, I no longer understand anything

Depuis hier j’ai envoyé du bitcoin à un ami mais la transaction est toujours en attente, je veux savoir où est passé l’argent

Ticket :1609229
Mon ami n’as toujours pas reçu ses bitcoin , j’ai fais le transfert depuis hier , ramener moi mon argent

Muchas gracias muchas felicidades

Hi my name is Bogdan

This has been a great company for me and it took me a while to understand how they worked. They sometimes block cards as part of their policy to protect your card and you have to use your pin number

If there is any issues with it they will normally send you another card at your request.

So far they are the best in the uk for what they do in the crypto space

Hola a Todos desde España. Mi nombre es Emilio y me uno a la comunidad para aprender todo lo que se pueda.

Hello from UK. We would appreciate it if you could introduce more rewards and gifts. Thx

I’ve been using Wirex for a long time now! It gets better each year!

Hi all
I am Tony.
New to wirex

Hi I am @Jared_Raffa and I live in Australia. I have a interest in crypto currency and my favourite animal is my dog Buddy. I only recently signed up to Wirex and my favourite facility within the app is crypto back. :grinning:

How u doin

Hello I am Mario , write from Madrid, Spain .
I Hope Will sin the £ in the new Game for the new members, regards.