Introducing the Wirex Wallet: secure non-custodial crypto storage

Nice Wirex, super excited for the makeover

1 Like

What I’m trying to explain this is good innovation of security using biometric its less hassle to recover example : if devices was stole or device is broke then with the peace of mind using biometric ideas that you can restore your account.

2 Likes

I will support wirex I will spread this news now to every social media so that they can download this app. mark my word I will help wirex to spread this to all Facebook so that they know wirex is the best.

1 Like

In my opinion, I believe there is still a vulnerability to a sim swap attack if using the QR code for the backup method is used.
I have queried this and am awaiting a response…

1 Like

Hi @Draw2 thanks for the above feedback. I am sharing this with the team so they are aware. Once they provide me with any update or feedback to your query I will let you know. Thanks again.

2 Likes

@Oleg_Levchuk I will look into that regular status that you mentioned. Thank you

1 Like

Great news

1 Like

great news and great UX!

2 Likes

So, just to make it crystal clear, this wirex wallet is private with keys under our control, right?
And there is no connection between wirex app and the wallet, right?

Are there any plan to add new chains?

Will I be able to import TrustWallet in this new Wirex Wallet?

Hi @9808us :wave:

Instead of private keys or seed phrases, it uses biometrics and a set of secrets distributed by the multi-party computation (MPC)

Yes you are right, Wirex Wallet and Wirexapp are two different applications. The accounts are not linked.

I don’t know but stay tuned!

Let me ask @ChienChien_Wirex @Ali_Wirex to answer this question. Thank you!

Finally, I invite you to read this article regarding the security of Wirex Wallet:

I hope I answered your questions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me know if/when we may be able to import TrustWallet in the Wirex Wallet! It would be a dream!!
And obviously we will need to be able to use the wallet to access dApps!

From a quick research I don’t think it’s possible to import your TrustwalleT into Wirex Wallet. But wait for a clear reply from the Wirex staff I quoted above!

Otherwise, did you know that Wirex Wallet integrates WalletConnect? I think you will enjoy!

1 Like

Hi there @9808us ! We are definitely planning to add more chains as soon as possible, most likely starting with Solana. In regards to products/apps such as TrustWallet, it’s likely on the roadmap however I don’t have any concrete dates for you at the moment or which apps you will be able to link to. But don’t worry, I will keep you posted!

3 Likes

Ich finde Wirex Wallet super
Toller Idee von Wirex :+1:

2 Likes

Hi it would be good to have the option of a speed phase or a connection to a ledger .Thanks

3 Likes

I’ve entered a custom coin from the ETH chain, but Wirex Wallet is unable to provide the price data.

Where does the Wirex Wallet source it’s price data from?