Irish bank cards not being excepted due to technical difficulty this has been going on for months

Why is it Irish bank cards are not being excepted due to technical difficulty this has been going on for months .so I cannot buy anymore wirex or top up my wirex card so I am afraid it will be cancelled again.wirex say it’s down to my bank my bank say it’s down to wirex so I am caught in the middle don’t know how to resolve this problem any thoughts guys .

1 Like

Hello Mark, I am sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Could you please provide the reference # of the support ticket so that we could look into this for you?

Warm regards.

Thank you for your response Katerina.the ticket number I think is 1539220 a chap called Yuri was dealing with it but so far nothing has been resolved as I have been to my bank to see if it was from their end but they assured me it was not a problem from their end hopefully this can be resolved soon yours sincerely Mark

Dear Mark, thank you for the details provided.
I’ve sent you a message via new ticket #1650489, please take a look.
Best regards!

Not just Irish ones, UK ones too. Linking a card is the first task I’ve tried to carry out since joining wirex and it’s failing constantly due to “technical difficulties.” No response from the chat window and not even an automated acknowledgement from the official support channel. This is not a good look for a company which is expecting people to entrust life’s savings to them.

Wow! Just seen the horror show going on over at Trustpilot and in light of this, I’ll not be going anywhere near this scam operation.

I have been rising this for well over six months now with no answers from wired they have been passing the buck blaming it on Irish banks .I have totally give up on this situation. I could not invest anymore of my time or money . As I could of invested a lot more on the price of crypto currencys

1650489 this is just one number and still not resolved as still not excepting my Irish bank card.

I eventually got a reply from the chat window. My card verification problem is apparently down to “Brexit issues.” Very vague, with no word of when they’ll be resolved.

Hello @Watty, I am sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Could you please provide us with the reference ticket number? We will be glad to escalate this for you.

Thank you in advance!

Hello @Mark_Mcgill, thank you for taking the time writing to us.

According to our system, our Support team has informed you that we cannot accept payments from the cards issued by this particular bank.

We appreciate your understanding in the matter!