It's Here: SegWit Bitcoin wallet on Wirex (faster, cheaper, better)

Originally published at: https://wirexapp.com/segwit-bitcoin-wallet-update/

Lower blockchain fees for external bitcoin wallet transfers? Yes! It’s here! With the new wallets, transactions will cost up to 6 times cheaper than ever before. And bitcoin transfers between Wirex customers remain 100% FREE! More and more people are investing in Bitcoin. Together with the growth of Bitcoin prices, this caused more transactions and a greater load on the blockchain. In turn, blockchain fees rose. The speed of transactions decreased. SegWit makes the bitcoin network faster and lighter. For…

Bitcoin vs. litcoin

I already see a problem. I have btc locked up on nicehash which i was mining to wirex btc adress. So if nicehash decides to pay this i will need to pay duble fee. Great
First wait for btc 2 months and then pay duble fee.

Hi Dan. We’ve just edited the article. The old address will still be available inside your Wirex account and will continue to work. :grinning:

Can you please just add Ether or Litecoin or even Bitcoin Cash instead of Bitcoin. I’ve been using segwit for ages and the fees are still sky high.

Can you kindly clarrify if we are going to have B2X coins when the folk occurs. Based on our BTC balance

I think it’s great segwit is finally being implemented. My only questions are: will we get a notification when the migration is complete and of course…any chance that would be today? :wink:

What makes you think B2X will be popular?

I’ve got the notification saying that my account is now segwit enabled but my wallet address is the same. Wasn’t it supposed to change?

You got a new customer because of this, nice work guys!!

Segwit B2X the whole team looks for me untrustworthy. You can google Donna Khyuz

Business developer she is a fotomodel and actor and now she is segwit developer. Sounds very dangerous to me and i will not use B2X. I will use bitcoin, ripple, monero, litecoin. thats it.

SegWit and B2X are two different forks.

SegWit is a soft fork side chain for Bitcoin; you can send Bitcoin from SegWit addresses to normal Bitcoin addresses and vice versa; the best part is when you send Bitcoin from a SegWit address to another SegWit address the fees are 6x cheaper and confirmations are 6x faster too.

B2X is hard Bitcoin fork; similar to Bitcoin Cash; it is it’s own crypto-currency and is not connected to Bitcoin.

Wirex will only be supporting the SegWit soft fork with SegWit enabled wallets; so you send BTC cheaply and quickly!

More info:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-SEGWIT-SEGWIT-2x-and-BIP141-in-Bitcoin

4p to send Bitcoin to non SegWit wallet from Wirex too!!

Remember you can now also use Litecoin Wallet on Wirex!