Meet the global team!

We’re delighted that so many of you are already on the list for our crowdfunding campaign, eagerly awaiting your chance to join us on our quest to make all currencies equal and accessible to all.

While you’re waiting for Monday 28th September to roll round, why not get to know us a bit better? Let us introduce you to the brains behind the business. We asked our global team to tell us a bit about their roles and experiences with Wirex.

Register_now_2

Pavel has a history of financial software excellence, working with the likes of Morgan Stanley, Barclays and BNP Paribas before founding Wirex.

What has been your biggest learning from Wirex?
Company culture is something which is often overlooked in fast-growing companies, but I’ve found it’s actually one of the most important things. At Wirex, we made sure to pay attention to our company culture from the very beginning - and I’m happy to have such a talented team who all share common values.

What do you think the future of Wirex looks like?
We’re continuing to expand the business globally, so by the end of the year I’d expect to have 10 million customers around the world.

Why do you think Wirex’s mission to make all currencies equal is important?
The world is changing and so is the way we use money. We believe there should be space for all types of money. Wirex provides people with the ability to use funds in any shape or form.

Why is Wirex an exciting place to work?
It’s innovative and fast-growing!

An experienced entrepreneur and alumnus of CASS business school, Dmitry has over 20 years’ experience in finance.

Why did you co-found Wirex?
Having experienced the difficulties and costs involved in making international payments first-hand, I quickly realised that blockchain technology is a game-changer which can significantly improve financial inclusion.

What does your role involve?
In my role as co-CEO I focus mainly on the financial, compliance and legal sides of the business.

What are you most excited about at Wirex in the coming year?
Our long-awaited USA launch and upcoming next-generation card product. Also, introducing stablecoins to international payments and remittances.

People should have a choice - it boosts competition and innovation to better serve customers’ needs. The ability to access different currencies is a basic norm for modern society.

Over 20 years’ experience supporting scale-up fintech companies such as WorldRemit, Remitly and Nordic API Gateway.

As the CMO at a scaleup business, my role pretty much involves everything that might have an external interaction with a customer or consumer. That can range from the traditional marketing areas such as campaigns, PR, performance marketing and CRM, but also includes B2B, corporate presentations, our commercial strategy and how we shape our future product propositions. We’re a team that solves the problems in front of us, whatever it might be!

What has been your biggest achievement at Wirex?
Mastercard Principal membership was a huge achievement. It was a team effort and by collaborating we’ve managed to become the world’s first Mastercard Principal Member - something to be proud of that will let us launch many more features in the near future.

Well in 2020 we announced our profitability, we scaled the team globally during a global pandemic, we established our proposition in APAC, we expanded in EEA, we became the world’s first Mastercard Principal Member, we applied and received a USA banking licence (in Georgia)… and now we’re crowdfunding. Sorry, I’m tired just writing all that in 1 sentence - we’ve been busy!

You know what’s super interesting about Wirex? The founding vision is not ‘to be an app’ or ‘to be a payment card’ - it’s about access, exchange and simplicity of payments. That gives us the opportunity to keep evolving and innovating within the payments and fintech space. So honestly, I don’t know what the future of Wirex looks like, but I know where it’ll be - at the cusp of all innovation.

Expert knowledge accrued over 20 years in financial compliance for firms such as Paysafe, RBS and Standard Bank.

Why did you choose to work at Wirex?
It’s rare to find the words cryptocurrency and compliance used in the same sentence, but after meeting the founders of Wirex and hearing their ambitions to bring cryptocurrency into the mainstream, along with Wirex’s revolutionary product offerings, I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to build a world-class compliance programme looking to encompass crypto.

I maintain oversight of Wirex’s global compliance function, with teams in Europe, Asia and North America that are responsible for financial crime controls, regulatory applications and ongoing adherence to those regulatory requirements. I also provide crucial advice to the board of directors to support Wirex’s ambitions to expand globally into other key markets.

What’s the most exciting project you’ve worked on at Wirex?
I was the primary stakeholder in obtaining our recently announced principal membership application with Mastercard – a world first for a crypto-friendly company. The process for having an application approved by them is challenging, especially for a company that

operates in the crypto space, but has shown our vision of bringing crypto into the everyday is now being embraced by other leading companies in the payments and financial world.

Committed to employing a diverse team and fostering a global culture that embraces differences and amplifies teamwork.

I wanted to be in the fintech industry as it’s much more fast-paced than most traditional financial institutions I’d worked for previously. I also liked the idea of being able to see my role have a strong impact on the trajectory of the business and its culture.

I head up the People team globally, with the exception of our R&D office in Kyiv, who have their own dedicated People team.

We live in a diverse and inclusive world, therefore it’s important to make digital and traditional currencies accessible to all. Everyone should have that choice - cash is no longer king.

Over 30 years’ experience in financial services and C-suite management with extensive P&L responsibilities.

I am implementing the USA market launch strategy for Wirex, bringing our unique crypto and traditional currency management offerings to the US market.

The USA launch project is really exciting – we’re bringing a new set of financial management tools to the US market, and offering something that no one else is doing and that has proved very popular in Europe.

What has been your biggest achievement at Wirex?
Creating a US market entry strategy is complex – involving regulations across various states as well as managing the product definition and also the market positioning. It’s a huge challenge, but we are making great progress and should be in the market by the end of 2020.

What has been your biggest learning from Wirex?
The crypto world is changing so fast that it’s a challenge to keep up. Consumer perceptions of crypto – what it’s for, why they should own it, what they can or should do with it – are all changing almost daily. Approximately 15 million people in the US own some form of crypto, and providing them with better easier access to it is harder than most people think – keeping up with their expectations means learning about this market every day.

UK-educated Japanese fintech expert with over 20 years’ experience in global scale-up and financial firms such as Saxo Bank.

My main role is to build a strong local team, acquire the necessary licenses to start the business in Japan and make sure the business is run successfully for all stakeholders.

We are not just a crypto company. Our idea of giving everyone fast, affordable and secure access to any form of currency will disrupt both the crypto and legacy finance industries. Wirex is the place to be if you want to change the world.

Wirex will continue to expand geographically as we continue to acquire the necessary licenses in various countries. It will become a truly global payment company to bridge the gap between traditional and new digital currencies.

There will be even more types of digital currency/asset in the future. Wirex will be the one-stop application to empower its users to manage those new as well as traditional currencies.

Previous experience with large financial organisations such as Deutsche Bank and Standard Chartered; overseeing our global licencing and legal team.

I’m really excited about blockchain technology and where it can take us. Wirex is uniquely positioned at the intersection between the traditional payments infrastructure and the emerging blockchain technology, so that we are strongly positioned to combine the best of both worlds. It’s very exciting to be working with a company at the forefront of new financial technology and one that is forging new paths toward financial inclusion.

I’m responsible for the legal function of Wirex. Our Legal team performs the traditional in-house role for a company, as well as work on regulatory matters, data protection and some compliance matters - particularly as I also serve as our Money Laundering Reporting Officer in the APAC region.

Our pursuit of applicable licensing around the world is particularly exciting for me, as well as how the challenge of adapting our products and features to different regulations around the world. Each jurisdiction treats cryptocurrency differently, so it is an exciting challenge to navigate these different regulations. We also need to ensure Wirex products and features are in compliance with the laws of different countries, so this is an interesting challenge that requires us to be very adaptable and flexible.

What are you most excited about at Wirex in the coming year?
I’m most excited about the new products and features we have in store. ‘DeFi’ is the new buzzword in the blockchain space, but it’s something we’ve been looking at as a company for quite some time. As always, we are looking for a sustainable way to bring new financial products to our customers. Licensing and regulation navigation take time, but the time spent is worth it in the end to build a lasting company that customers will trust. I’m excited for us to develop DeFi products and make them available to our customers.

I’m a big believer in Wirex’s mission to make all currencies equal. Right now we see a lot of different disparities in the world, such as huge income gaps, differences in earning power, and access to financial services. Making all currencies equal brings us one step closer toward greater financial inclusion and equality.

That’s the team! In the words of our CEO, Pavel Matveev, getting Wirexers and interested parties involved in the brand through crowdfunding will “fast-track our ambitious plans” to “change the financial landscape, by making it easier for everyone to access cryptocurrency and spend it in the everyday.” Are you ready to join us?

Register_now_2

*Investments of this nature carries risk to your capital. Please invest aware.

10 Likes

我準備好加入,可是要怎樣做

1 Like

您好,请参阅该帖子以获取所有信息。

https://community.wirexapp.com/t/we-re-crowdfunding/10523/7

1 Like