My transfer is pending

After posting:

https://community.wirexapp.com/t/my-transfer-is-pending/10099/1032?u=balupton

I can no longer login to the wirex website app. I’ve tried multiple browsers and clearing cookies.

1 Like

hi did you already create a ticket sir ?

@balupton We have forwarded this inquiry to our Support team. You will be contacted by them via email. Thank you for your patience. We hope for a quick resolution of your case.

@Renrebssi We have forwarded this inquiry to our Support team. You will be contacted by them via email. Thank you for your patience. We hope for a quick resolution of your case.

1 Like

I received an answer but my problem still hasn’t been solved. It’s almost a week.

@Renrebssi It’s been passed to the technical team yesterday. We’ll do our best to speed up the process for you and we’ll get back to you via ticket once we have any updates. Regards!

1 Like

Hello
I have a transfer still in progress. the ticket number is 1753618.
Please answer.
I’ve had this problem for 4 days.

I have tried to send my crypto to external wallet.

In order to prevent the wrongly send, i have tried a tiny amount and success.

afterwards, i have tried a second send but still delay … any admin can help? thanks.

2 Likes

hi there what crypto did you transfer? is it done already?

Hello How can I help you?

not yet solved, i have transfer the matic two times but first time ok and second time is still pending after over 10 hours

Hello @Harold_Harold, I am sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience. I have just escalated your request to our Support Team and they will provide you with an update as soon as possible. Best regards!

Hi @Long_Tam, as we can see, our Support team has contacted you recently on this matter, please check your mailbox.

Hello, my transaction is waiting for an unusually long time, 14.05.2022 03:33 I sent 980usdt erc20, the network is not loaded and my transaction is pending, there is no transaction skin because it was not sent from Wirex. Any of the admins help

Hello @Mariia23, our Support team will assist you at the nearest time. Regards!

Hello,
5 days in pending!
Not serious.
1753618 Is my ticket number.
Please help

Your case is in the hands of the support team now. I hope your case will resolved immediately

@Harold_Harold, as I’ve mentioned. your case has been escalated and you’ll be updated as soon as possible.

As per mentioned above, a single update need more than 5 days … you think it is acceptable? the major reason for use the chain is for “instant” transaction. if your service cant provide that, it is obviously that customer will gone without any doubt, what is your thinking?

1 Like

5 days is not acceptable!!
Not professional anymore

1 Like