New card app confusion?

Hi,

After linking a new card with my account, it then asks to deposit funds, then to verify, but the app has does something completly different to when before I did this process, it said that my deposit did not work, and now the app has a generic wirex screen up with install now at bottom of the screen, there’s a cancel button at the top, but nothing happens when I select it, so I can’t get out of this’generic screen’ I just hope it isn’t a fake screen that’s all, as I already have the wirex app installed!

Any help on this will be very appreciated

@Ali_Wirex bug? Could you report to devs pls? VMT!

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, can you explain what you mean exactly?

I can’t get into the app atall now as the pin lock code has stopped working, will try logging out & back in.

Michael…

I was just reporting this for you. It might be worth deleting the app from your device, reset (turn of and back on the device) and reinstalling the app?

1 Like

I might have to do that, obviouesly that won’t affect my account in any way?

Michael…

Hi,

I tried to log back in, and got a ‘experiencing technical difficulties message’, so far things haven’t gone smoothly with wirex, maybe it happens will all crypto wallets? the technology is new after all, and understandably there would be some teething problems

Michael…

No, everything is cloud based. Once you log back in, it hopefully would be fixed, unless your account is broken back-end, but hopefully it’s just an app issue!

If you can post what device and os version you’re using, that will hopefully be forwarded to the devs for investigation?

1 Like

Hi Seth,

Yeah, that’s what I thought, it’s just I’m very over-cautious for personal reasons.

The app seems to be working ok now, though the problem occurred when I added a new card & tried to top up, I will try again later to do that & will let you know if the same issue arises.

Thx so much for your help so far.

Michael…

1 Like

No worries, you’re welcome!

Hey, it’s a new app, quite complex back end (no doubt) and lot’s of changes happening. Bugs are only to be expected!..

1 Like

Hi Seth,

Are you a forum/wirex moderator?

I had to do a new pin lock for the wirex app, but I didn’t deactivate the old one, I thought that is a bit weird, have you come across that before?

I selected a link on a wirex email asking that my account gets automatically moved to GBP because of the new mastercard, which I have, but it put me through to the app, but with no confirmation given? I don’t know if it worked or not? I think I did that before I could verify my new account, I don’t know if it has anything to do with that?

Michael…

I’m not, I’m just an investor trying to help out.

I would be wary if you got something telling you to follow a link to change passwords or such. Probably best to change your password/pin now just in case.

The only email I’ve seen related, was to move any funds off your old Visa card into your Wirex account before they close the Visa accounts, you shouldn’t have to change anything into GBP etc, the new card is multi currency, so will take automatically from whichever accounts you set up, in the order of priority you set.

Hope that helps, if you have anything further, just give me a shout!

Seth

Hi seth,

Thx for all your help so far, I’ve done everything I think so far to change over to the new card, I haven’t been sent any dodgy links, just the email asking for consent for wirex to change my account into the new one, to make sure the account doesn’t get frozen, seeing as it’s the last day to get that done, can you confirm exactly that when you click on consent, it’s takes you into the wirex app, but there is no confirmation message, I’m just slightly unsure about that, in your message, if your saying that is already fine, then no further ado, and exscuse my ignorance on the matter.

Regards.

Michael…

Hi,

I have to be honest, I don’t remember if I got the same email, but I think I’d moved the money off the card before I was asked, so might not have applied.

Sorry I can’t help. Ultimately if you no longer have a visa account showing or enabled on your account, it should be fine and you can just start or continue using your new MasterCard.

Cheers,

Seth

Hi Seth,

I hope you dont mind if I shoot you some scattergun questions.

Can I use the wirex debit card at any uk ATM or is it specific in any way?

Do transactions/withdrawals only work from the GBP account? or will it work directly from my bitcoin account? which are where my funds are.

If I’m transferring funds back into my back account, can I do it from the bitcoin account directly, or from the GBP account?

Any help with that will be appreciated, thx

Michael…

1 Like

Hi Michael,

You can use your Wirex card at any ATM in the UK, but be aware that some private ATM’s may charge you for the transaction (just the same as any other bank debit card).

For limits and above limit fees, see: How do I withdraw cash?

Withdrawals, like card payments, will come from whichever fiat/crypto accounts you have selected in the app settings. They will be debited from the accounts in the order of priority you choose depending where you have funds available, i.e: GBP, then BTC, then LTC, then EUR, then DAI…

Currently it is not possible to transfer funds directly into a bank account as the IBAN/SEPA/acc no, sort code functionality has been disabled - apparently due to BREXIT related issues… This is going to be reinstated soon, I am told. After reinstatement transfers via normal bank transfer methods will be available in both directions, just treat Wirex like any other bank current account - UK and SEPA transfers “should” be near instant (less than 2 hours via the “Faster Payment” system for UK and European transactions. All your FIAT accounts will have their own IBAN/SEPA numbers and UK GBP accounts will (I believe) have an account number and sort code.

Hope that helps?

Cheers,

Seth

Hi Seth,

That’s really great, thx, ty for your time & knowledge, I think for a lot of people, cryptocurrency is often ackward to navigate, and wirex it seems is making it easier, we’re still in the relative early days of this system.

Michael…

Hi Seth,

I’ve used my wirex debit card at an uk ATM & my account is zero, most of my funds are in my bitcoin account, I have £6 in my GBP ACCOUNT, but neither are registering, do you know why that is?

Regards.

Michael…

You’re trying to check your balance at the ATM or withdraw funds?

Well, I tried to do both, didn’t know if a balance would actually show, but i tried to withdraw, it said insuffienct funds.

Ok, seems like something isn’t working quite right. Could you exchange some funds into your GBP account and try again? And also confirm by first trying another cashpoint (ATM), please?

Does the transaction show on your Wirex app, and if so what does it say?

I hope you don’t mind being the guinea pig, but this is very useful for us all to understand?

This is all I can find in the FAQ: Wirex. Crypto-Friendly Currency Account

@Ali_Wirex could you have a quick read of the above thread, and confirm this should indeed be working, please, or have I missed something?