This time, we’d like to welcome AVAX – the native cryptocurrency of Avalanche, a high-speed, low-cost, eco-friendly blockchain platform. Not only can you buy and exchange this awesome addition at exclusive OTC rates in the Wirex app, but you can also send and receive AVAX on the Avalanche blockchain in-app – something you won’t find with many other digital payment platforms!
On top of that, you can effortlessly spend AVAX at over 50 million merchants in more than 200 countries with your Wirex card.
We think this calls for a celebration. Buy at least €50 worth of AVAX with your credit or debit card before 6 March and we’ll reward you with €5 in WXT! Don’t miss out!
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to the Crypto Spotlight AVAX February Promotion (the “Promotion”) which is offered by Wirex Digital LLC in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by Wirex Pte Ltd in the Asia Pacific (“APAC”) (each separately referred to as “Wirex”).
1. The Promotion will run from 10:00 (GMT) on 28 February 2022 until 23:59 (GMT) on 6 March 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. The Promotion applies to Eligible Participants who complete a cryptocurrency purchase of AVAX with a minimum exchange value of EUR 50 (in the EEA) or USD 50 (in APAC) via debit or credit card in the Wirex App during the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Transaction”).
4. Any Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction prior to or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible to receive the Reward.
5. Qualifying Transactions are limited to one per Eligible Participant during the Promotion Period.
6. The Reward will be paid to all Eligible Participants who complete a Qualifying Transaction within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Participants”).
7. The Reward will be paid to Qualifying Participants’ Wirex accounts within 30 Working Days of the end of the Promotion Period.
8. Once a Qualifying Participant has received the Reward, it can be converted to traditional fiat currency through the Wirex Service at the Qualifying Participant’s discretion.
9. “AVAX” means the Avalanche cryptocurrency available through the Wirex App.
10. “EUR” means Euros.
11. “Reward” means the WXT equivalent to EUR 5 (in the EEA) or USD 5 (in APAC) per transaction which will be calculated by an exchange rate determined by Wirex from time to time in its absolute discretion. The Reward will be paid in WXT only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Reward may be amended or cancelled by Wirex at any time without prior notice to Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or anyone.
12. “USD” means United States Dollar.
13. “Wirex App” means the Wirex mobile application which allows you to buy, store, exchange and spend a wide variety of traditional and digital currencies.
14. “Working Days” means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and any public holidays when the banks of England are closed for business.
15. “WXT” means the Wirex Token on the Wirex Service.
16. Subject to applicable law, Wirex will not under any circumstances be liable to compensate Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties for any losses or damages occurring as a result of their participation or engagement with this Promotion.
17. Wirex may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Promotion at any time without prior notice to Wirex users, Eligible Participants, Qualifying Participants or other third parties.
19. This Promotion is launched by Wirex independently and there are no partnerships between Wirex and any merchant or other third parties relating to this Promotion.
20. The Terms of this Promotion are governed by the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute, controversy or claim (including any non-contractual dispute, controversy or claim) arising out of or in connection with this Promotion.
The article says it’s possible to open an XAccount for avax but I can’t find it in my wirex app. How do I add avax? I bought 1 avax so the account is definetely activated but as said it does not show in XAccount. Any help?
I agree, I think this is a perfect example of many of these Wirex malpractices with advertising. This is not the first time, also the WXT bonus I almost certainly never receive even tho I am an eligible participant that has done the requirements.
I don’t even really care about the 5 bonus, I just find it really strange I can’t stake AVAX with a x account which they claim is possible resulting in me wanting to stake with AVAX thus buying AVAX. Misinformation and Malicious advertising is illegal in many parts of the world.
wish I had a crystal ball…)
reading into the documentation, it seems like they have thought it through, as much as it is possible to think such thing through with any certainty - the locking incentives should technically keep people from withdrawing and selling off early or all at once (as soon as you unlock/withdraw, you stop earning the increased rewards). But only time will tell, I guess…
Try asking the question on Nereus’s Discord - there might be brighter minds to answer it out there…
I just think it is not sustenible on the long run.
I’m doing a test, let’s call it in this way …
Anyway I sent around 100K wxt to nereus just to see first hand how it works and locked them.
After only 1 day I got more than 1000 wxt and that’s is crazy.
I mean, 100K wxt at current price is around 360/370 $
Making 1000 wxt/ day → 1000 * 365 day = 365000 wxt /year
365000 x 0.003 (current wxt price) = 1000/1200 $
It means a 3x return… it’s a lot …
Numbers above are rounded, not exactly to cents, just to have a rough estimation … anyway it’s a crazy ROI at the moment.
Thanks for the link to discord, I’ll check
Here a screenshot of my current nereus test.
Please note that while in 1 day the return is around 4$, investement lost 10$ due to wxt price drop… that is what I fear …
As for the price of WXT, well, it’s a volatile market by default, and individual token prices arguably depend on the overall market much more than on the particular project, so, the (only?) way to address it is cost averaging and HODL. Or just do nothing and watch opportunities go by - all depends on individual risk tolerance