Ongoing Issues With Wirex Platform (app and web)

The balances in my wirex account - crypto - are presently very slow to update with price fluctuations (and has been for some time) and I am also unable to execute an external card load to my GBP account - very frustrating. Ticket raised.
@Kateryna_Wirex @Yan_Wirex @Jenny_Wirex

1 Like

Hi James, we apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you and we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

As we can see, this case is being processed by our relevant team. They will keep you updated via the ticket directly.

Warm regards.

1 Like

No worries! I’m never frustrated with Wirex as service response is great, and I am a loyal customer. I mostly make these comments so that Wirex can address them, improve service, and improve as a platform :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kateryna_Wirex I would be pleased if you could chase ticket 1379245 so that I can functionally use the Wirex App. Due to another issue, ticket number 1356884 … I don’t really have any way to use the Wirex platform. As you already know, I am unable to access the Web app. Prompt resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Dear James, thank you for your cooperation. It’s highly appreciated.

I understand that you have been forced to wait an excessive length of time for the investigation of the issue.
I have escalated these cases to our relevant team. They will contact you as soon as possible.

Warm regards.

1 Like

I need some kind of time frame, I really can’t use my wirex account properly! This does need to be resolved as a matter of urgency! I am sure I cannot be the only one affected, and so it should be in Wirexes interest to resolve this ASAP.
@Kateryna_Wirex

Outstanding issues :

• Web App Inaccessible (ticket 1356884)
  • Top Up (external card load) not working (ticket 1379245)
  • Crypto balances not refreshing (ticket 1379245)
  • Spend and top up notifications (ticket 1344617)

@Kateryna_Wirex @Yan_Wirex @Jenny_Wirex

Dear James, I totally understand that this situation is unpleasant for you.

Please be assured that these issues are currently under investigation by our relevant team. Unfortunately, it takes longer than expected and I am not able to provide you with ETA for resolution. Thank you for understanding in advance.

Your problem is not forgotten and our technical department is doing their best to resolve it as soon as it is technically possible. I am following up on your case and will let you know as soon as the issue is resolved.

Best regards.

1 Like

@Kateryna_Wirex I am also now unable to move money from my GBP account to my card account to spend. This is completely unusable. I doubt this is just me with this problem. This needs a quick resolution otherwise I will be forced to start considering other platforms. These tickets have been open for weeks and days, and an issue of this severity should have been resolved well within that time frame. @Yan_Wirex @Jenny_Wirex

Dear James,

Let me kindly inform you that this case is currently under investigation by our technical team.
We are doing our best to speed up the resolution of this issue.

We will update you via the tickets immediately once the issue is resolved.

Warm regards.

2 Likes

I thought a lot of them too as a platform and service, until one day they decided to rob me during a global crisis.

GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF WIREX, IT IS NOT SECURE. ALL MY MONEY HAS GONE. I have 2FA on my account and they blaming my email address for their lack of security

Do not keep your crypto in wirex, it is not secure

They are are very quick to restrict functions or make significant changes without warning knowing full well it will result in money going missing. Whether these changes are a result of compliance issues or of something more sinister the end result is that 99% of all the replies on here from them are a bot

I have had an issue with a deposit to my a/c that was not posted on my app transaction history… I was provided an internal back office statement by wirex support showing the deposit was received… and also there was another transaction on the provided statement showing a debit equal to the deposit which I never authorized and also did not show on my online transaction history…In fact I received three different statements obver the same period. Non of the statements tallied with each other. Wirex support claimed that they had a problem in their system as to why the deposit was never shown as a credit on my online transaction history… However I never did get a satisfactory explanation as to what the unknown debit was … Support would try fob me off with so convoluted explanation that is was part of some other transaction I made, which it clearly was not… One is only able to make transactions if the balance is shown as available on one’s wirex a/c… The deposit nor the mystery debit have never shown on my transaction history… I had to escalate to Wirex complaints department who investigated this case their response was as follows:

““Upon further investigation, it would appear that this issue has now been resolved. Our Support
agent has provided you with a detailed explanation of the situation and submitted supporting
Bank Statements. The transaction in the amount of GBP has been successfully credited to your account. However, due to the sort of mix-up on our side, it is not displayed in the
application.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and have, as a gesture of
goodwill, credited to your Wirex GBP account compensation in the amount GBP .””

As you see, clear admission, that the money never showed up in the transaction history… However there is no mention of the mystery debit equal to the deposit. I eventually received my original deposit back “as a gesture of goodwill” However ~I do not feel that receiving one’s own money should be a gesture of goodwill.
Since I am afraid to lodge monies to wirex in case their is a repeat of this situation I have decided to stop using Wirex, I would advise others to do the same

No thanks, I will NOT follow Your advice, as obviously You had inadequate KYC proofs &/or something dodgy going on at Your end! :scream:
Wirex has 10’s of thousands of happy clients & still growing in many new countries! This is clear proof they are doing it Right :star_struck:
All my experiences have been positive over the past year; with well over $***,000usd transactions of Crypto purchases & transfers out to private offline cold storage. :heart_eyes:
Great work Wirex & a great product…Thank You Wirex & Team :pray:t5:

1 Like

Be it it on your own head then…

1 Like

Reread my post above; Wirex has been great & it works & also works for 10,000+ clients all of whom must be legit :+1:t5:
Best You be out of Wirex…they need positive & legit clients! Sadly that doesn’t include You :rofl:

All the Best

All issues were resolved, platform and service noticeably seems to have really slickened up recently!

1 Like

How much are Wirex paying you. They are great until it goes wrong, then they are the worst. No response, no updates, no timescales for resolution, etc. When it does go wrong everyone else is to blame apart from them. My initial response from them said its not our fault your email was hacked. Then I had its not our fault 2FA was switched off,you must have requested it to be switched off. Then it was its not our fault your 2K was taken, you approved it. Wirex’s security is inadaquate. Email accounts get hacked all the time, that is why we have 2FA and other security measures. And by the way, my email provider can find no evidence my email account was hacked.