Online store deposit refund

Hello,
the store returned the deposit, which I paid with mine Wirex mastercard. After five days, I don’t see a refund on the mine Wirex mastercard.
So there are instructions to contact you and I am forwarding reference no.
Reference: 2064001231

Attached information on refund details and payment details

Nice and positive greetings :wave::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hi @BCS75LOVEnija2021 :wave:

As indicated on the help article below, the refund usually takes 5-14 days:

I hope that will have answered your question. If you need more help, please come back here :grinning:

Best regards!

1 Like

Oh, thank you very much :ok_hand::blush:

1 Like

Hi, I would like to ask something else…
I was also invited a friend in all procedural for cryptoback and now that she already use it, all in a timeline for cryptoback I still haven’t gotten any cryptoback rewards :thinking:
And if I remember correctly, she should get something too :blush:

Kind regards :wave:

1 Like

Hello @BCS75LOVEnija2021, thank you for taking the time writing to us.

I have escalated this to our Support Team. They will update you via the ticket shortly.

Warm regards.

2 Likes

Hello,

I have not received a refund from the merchant .

I contacted the seller and they said they made a refund. More than three weeks have passed since they made a refund but no money was received in my wirex account . I tried to contact support trough email and every time get the same reply (screenshot attached)

![image|230x500]

Hello @Nofunny, thank you for taking the time writing to us.

I have escalated this to our Support Team. They will update you via the ticket shortly.

Warm regards.

Hello,
There is still no refund :pensive: I have already written … and now 18 days have passed :man_shrugging:
the store returned the deposit, which I paid with mine Wirex mastercard. After 18 days, I don’t see a refund on the mine Wirex mastercard.
So there are instructions to contact you and I am forwarding reference no.I think that’s the right number
Uznanie 37635861 8050413635

Attached information on refund details and payment details

Nice and positive greetings :four_leaf_clover:

Hello @BCS75LOVEnija2021,

We are sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience. Your case has been escalated to the highest priority and you will be updated via the ticket as soon as possible.

Best Regards!

1 Like

Hey, thank you so much for your good work :hugs:
I wish you a positive forward and a nice day :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Have you recieved anything yet?

1 Like

Hello @Sirrestrikk,

Please submit your request via Wirex | Making currencies equal and available to everyone and provide me with your support ticket number so that we could process it with the first priority.

Thank you in advance!

Yes, I got everything back. But if you look at the activity on the wallet, you don’t see the transfer. It can be seen on the wallet balance. So you have to know how much condition you have to notice :+1:

1 Like

I had experienced the very same issue with a refund made by the Marchant via PayPal onto my Wirex mastercard . You can see the details in the pictures I uploaded .
I’ve been waiting some days now and still got nothing back on my wirex card even tough the refund from paipal was immediate.
Can you help me and get me my refund please ?

Dear @Flv, We are sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Your case has been escalated to the highest priority and you will be updated via the ticket as soon as possible.

Best wishes!

Thanks you Anastasiia and thank you Guys ! I get the money back , great job !

Dear @Flv, thank you for your kind feedback! I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Have a nice day!

I also have an issue with a refund issued from Paypal to my Wirex VISA Card on 22nd April. I am 99% certain that I got a notification on my Wirex mobile app earlier today advising me of the refund transaction for the amount I was expecting to be refunded. But now that transaction has dissappeared from my transactions list on the Wirex app and the monies are not refunded to my balance. Can somone help me get my refund please?

Hello @nickwk, thank you for taking the time writing to us.

As we’ve communicated before, Contis closed all Wirex Visa card and bank accounts on 16.03.2021.
In case you have questions regarding your bank transfers, old card transactions, balances, refunds, statements, etc. please contact Contis directly as it is described here: Visa card account FAQ

Unfortunately, we will not be able to receive further transfers to the old details.

Regards!

Hi @Anastasiia_Wirex , I didn’t receive any such communication and also my Wirex VISA card still works (I’ve used it today) and the refunded transaaction in question occured 21st April. I am based in Australia and my card doesn’t have any mention of Contis on it. It says on the back that it was issued by ‘Wirecard Singapore Pte Ltd’