Problem with 2FA

Hello , could you can reset my 2fa?
my ticket number is : 249867

Hello @Whitels, I have already updated you via ticket.

Could you please take a look and provide us with the requested details? We will be glad to assist further.

Warm regards.

2 Likes

Hello why i enable f2f google autentificator to my account ? I have lost my phone the situation is terrible i can t use my account please.
My ticket (299462)

Hello,
sorry to create duplicates but I do not know how to resolve this situation I do not have access to my wirex account and my savings I ask you to kindly answer me quickly thank you

Hello,
@Anastasiia_Wirex i have a big probleme please answer me ?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support Inquiry Escalation Thread

Hi,
I lost my phone and need 2FA to be reset. I already created ticket #400960. Please contact me about where I can provide document or selfie to reset 2FA, thanks

Hello Steve, thank you for taking the time to write to us.

According to our system, our agent has already contacted you via ticket 405432. Please, reply directly via this ticket and provide the requested details.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi

I can not access my account since I had enabled the 2 FA authentication. PLease help me regain access to my account. It’s been 4 day since I I have lost access.
I wrote to customers support many times after creating a request number 423326 on the 10th of April. As nobody replied, I then created another request number 425652 on the 11th of April followed by many emails with no reply.
Please help me to reset the 2 factor authentication so that I can regain access to my account.

Dear @akli, welcome to our community.

We have updated you via ticket.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hi Vitaliy

Thanks a lot for your help. I am now able to access again my account.

Regards

Akli

Hi

I can not access my account since I had enabled the 2 FA authentication. PLease help me regain access to my account. It’s been 4 day since I I have lost access.
I wrote to customers support many times after creating a request number 423326 on the 10th of April. As nobody replied, I then created another request number 425652 on the 11th of April followed by many emails with no reply.
Please help me to reset the 2 factor authentication so that I can regain access to my account.

Hi @Akli,

You are welcome.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi,

I am having issues logging into my account, It asks for 2fa from google authenticator when I try and log in now but I’m sure I’ve never set this up to begin with. I already have a ticket (449710) and have sent off the relevant information. Can this be chased please as I need to get into my account urgent.

Thanks

Hello @jboy,
I have escalated this to our Support Team. They will update you via the ticket shortly.
Regards!

Thanks! Do you have an expected time frame as I haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks

hello i send an email because I got a new phone since 1,5 years they asked me to send a picture from me with passport thats no problem for me but the second thing was date and type of the last 2 completed outbound transactions sorry but i will never know my last two transactions i did not used that card in years can somebody please help me i want the access to my account back!

Dear @jboy, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed update.

As I can see in our database, the issue is already resolved now. Could you please specify whether you have any additional questions I can assist you with?

Regards!

1 Like

Hello @Alexander_Dosch, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed response.

I have just escalated your request to our Support Team and they will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Best regards!

1 Like

hi ,
Yan, I lost my phone on which i had my google Authenticator on it, due to that i have not been able to
access my account, I have sent mail severaly but no reply and no ticket number, please help…
my account email is ( ikemant@yahoo.com) and you can conntact me on same email. thanx