Problem with Memorable Word

Hello admin, I want to log in to my account. I entered my password but it asks me for entering 3 letters of a memorable word. I tried but maybe I don’t understand how to enter it right. Can you help me?

Hello Adrianne,
Most of the time, we ask you to enter the letters of your memorable word in a random order, e.g. “Please enter letters 7, 2, 9 of your memorable word”.

Example:
Your memorable word is “Arsenal”.

When asked to give letters 6, 1, 3 of your memorable word, you will need to enter a, A, s (or a, a, s).

Please be aware that if you enter your memorable word incorrectly too many times, your account will be blocked.

1 Like

Got it. It’s incorrect, maybe I just don’t remember it. Can you reset it to me?

Sure. Could you please PM us and provide us with your email linked to your Wirex account?
Please be informed that further assistance will be provided via email in order to comply with security and privacy reasons.
Thank you for understanding!

The same thing happens to me, could you help me recover my account?

Hello Juan,

Let me kindly inform you that I have escalated this case to our relevant team. Please be assured that they will contact you shortly.

Could you please check your email? :e-mail:

Thank you in advance!

Dear Juan,

As I can see in our database, the issue is already resolved now. :white_check_mark:

Could you please specify whether you have any additional questions I can assist you with?

All right, thank you very much, also to inform you that they tried to deceive me by telegram, a person was posing as the wirex team and asked me for my ID and my email, then he asked me for the gmail password and I realized that they were cheating and I didn’t give him more information, I tell him so they know that they wanted to cheat me. Thank you very much for everything good morning.

One last question, how can I put the new memorable phrase? Thanks a lot

Dear Juan,

Please be informed that we don’t provide support via Telegram anymore.

Also, let me kindly recommend you to enable two-factor authentication for your Wirex account and set up a new Memorable word.

Please read more about it following this link:

In case you need any additional assistance, please reply to the ticket. We will be glad to help you!

Thank you in advance.

Hello admin I don’t remember my memorable word can you help me reset it because i can’t access my account thanks

Hi Antonio,

I have requested some additional information via the support ticket #1242501, could you please send us a reply?

Best regards!

I do not remember my memorable word what should I do?

Hello @Alastair_Micallef,

Let me kindly ask you to submit a request following this link:

Note, you should use the email linked to your Wirex account.

Then please provide us with your ticket number, we will do our best to resolve this issue for you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation!

There is no were to submit a ticket to submit

Dear Alastair,

We have requested some additional information via the ticket.

Could you please check your email and provide us with a response?

Looking forward to your reply.

done I have replied the email

Dear Alastair,

Thank you for your cooperation.

Your support ticket number is 1284390. Please be informed that further assistance will be provided via the ticket due to security and privacy reasons.

Let me kindly ask you to check the email linked to your Wirex account :e-mail:

Warm regards.

Hello,

i have the same problem with my memorable word I can’t remember , I have tried to contact the support via email many times. but no answer to me. pls can you help

best wishes
marcello

Hello Marcello,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I have updated you via the ticket. Please, check your email linked to your Wirex account :e-mail:

Thank you in advance!