Read me First - About the Other category

Do you have a query that falls outside of the other categories? Any other issues or concerns that do not fall into any of the categories above, please post here!

Hola, tengo problemas para abrir wirex en mi pc, después de loguearme e introducir el código 2fa la web se queda en blanco y no responde, lo he intentado con otros navegadores y nada, he comprobado que la dirección web esta bien…me pueden ayudar? Hay algún problema con el sitio web? Gracias.

Hi Antonio, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed response.

I have checked your case and have updated you directly via the support ticket, please take a look.

Indeed, there are technical issues at this moment and our developers are already working on the possible solutions to this.

Best regards!

Hola otra vez, la web sigue sin responder…alguna novedad sobre cuando funcionara otra vez? la app esta bien pero la web es muy importante…gracias.

Hi Antonio,

I would like to assure you that our technical department is still working on the resolution of this issue and the priority is the highest one.

We will keep you updated via the ticket.

Warm regards.

Hola, tengo problemas para abrir wirex en mi pc, después de loguearme e introducir el código 2fa la web se queda en blanco y no responde, lo he intentado con otros navegadores y nada, he comprobado que la dirección web esta bien…me pueden ayudar? Hay algún problema con el sitio web? Gracias.

Está volviendo a pasar otra vez…pero que ocurre con la web???

Hi Antonio,

Yes, unfortunately, the issue with the web version of our app is still taking place.

Our developers are currently working on the possible solutions to this and we will let you know once it is resolved. Meanwhile, you can use your smartphone in order to access your Wirex account.

Best regards!

@Jenny_Wirex,

Hi, my ticket number is (1755165), I tried to pay some bitcoin into a wallet and you cancelled the transaction two days ago. Also, yesterday, some bitcoin was paid into my account which I received a text message for from you but never received it :cry:. Could you please respond to my email and reply back. Thank you.

Hello @Taiyenike, I am sincerely sorry for the situation that occurred.

I have just contacted you via the ticket. Let me kindly ask you to check your mailbox.

Best Regards!

Hello @Anastasiia_Wirex @Jenny_Wirex, This is thesame message you sent to my email. Could you please look into this situation. I need to use my account and also you guys need to refund me. Thanks

Dear @Taiyenike,

Let me kindly inform you that our Tech team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on resolving it. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience. As soon as we receive an update from them, we will get in touch with you immediately directly via the ticket.

Best Regards!

Hi!

​It says on the “Statement of Beneficial Ownership” that it is NOT a share certificate? So when do I get my share certificate then?

Regards,

Fredrik

Hi @thebiscuit,

Could you please clarify the problem and let me know your support ticket number?

Hola, cuál es la cantidad mínima en bitcoins que puedo enviar a otra dirección. Gracias

Hello @lisetchinea,

You can check more details on the following link:

Regards!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can’t Activate ETH address