Recent service issues, and what we’re doing to fix them

As our loyal customers, you’re at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we listen when you have something to say. Recently, it’s become clear that some of you have been experiencing customer service problems using Wirex. That’s simply not good enough. We think you’re owed an explanation of what’s been going on and what we’re doing to resolve these temporary issues.

Account issues

Over the past few months, some customers have reported problems like difficulty accessing account features or trouble making transactions in the Wirex app. Many people experiencing these issues have then had to wait longer than usual to speak to us and resolve them.

This is a direct result of the increased interest in cryptocurrencies since the sustained market rally that took place at the start of the year. Many thousands of new users came to Wirex, and many existing Wirexers were required to update their documents for us to continue serving them. This did, unfortunately, lead to a backlog.

Both the surge in new users and additional verification requirements means that we’ve struggled to keep up sometimes – and haven’t done enough to help you solve these problems when they arise.

What we are doing about it

1. Hiring more staff – from Customer Support to our tireless Compliance and Legal teams, we’re bringing more of the best and brightest minds on board to help us keep up with the demand for our services. Many hands make light work, and our new employees will play a huge role in both preventing problems and helping to resolve them promptly.

2. Real-time support – our Live Chat feature allows you to get in touch with a member of our hardworking Customer Support team 24/7, wherever you are. The service is still currently undergoing beta testing in the UK but is due to be rolled out across the EEA very soon.

3. Procedure overhaul – we’re fundamentally changing the way customer issues are escalated and processed internally to ensure you get the help you need, quickly and efficiently. We are also contributing significant extra resources to clear the backlog of Customer Support tickets as a company-wide priority.

Faster Payments & SEPA

Last year, we became the first crypto-friendly company to achieve Principal membership of both Visa and Mastercard – a huge step that has allowed to start issuing payment cards under our own licence. As a result of this, we are able to bring you truly game-changing features and services that no one else can, like up to 2% instant crypto rewards on all spending in-store and online, 100% fee-free traditional currency exchange and the ability to seamlessly spend 18 crypto and traditional currencies with one payment card – just to name a few.

As with the new Wirex card, bringing things in-house allows us to offer you better value than almost any other payment platform or bank – but it does involve the occasional growing pain. As a result, we’ve had to temporarily restrict Faster Payments and SEPA functionality in the Wirex app. Please rest assured that getting these features back up-and-running is our top priority.

What we are doing about it

We understand that not having access to services like Faster Payments and SEPA is hugely inconvenient for customers throughout the EEA, which is why we’ve taken the following steps:

1. Removing fees - we’re waiving all fees when you use a local credit or debit card to add funds to your account.

2. Increasing limits - we’ve also boosted our limits for verified credit and debit card top-ups, giving you extra flexibility and convenience when funding your Wirex account. If you haven’t verified your linked credit or debit card, do it now - it only takes a few minutes and unlocks some of the highest top-up limits in the industry.

The technology and services that power Wirex are already about 99% in-house. We’re working hard to bring the rest of the platform under our remit and are extremely grateful for your patience while we do so. We guarantee it’ll be worth the wait – think faster, cheaper, more convenient payments and a better Wirex for everyone.

We are genuinely sorry if your Wirex experience has not met expectations recently, whether that’s through poor communication, unresolved issues or temporary restrictions. We cannot achieve a world in which all currencies are equal and available to everyone without you, which is the problems outlined above are completely unacceptable.

We do listen – so please feel free to join the discussion and give your suggestions or comments on our Community Forum.

13 Likes

Hello Wirex, good that you working on these issues. Hoping you will grow into something bigger in the future. Please enable the option to disable the chat bot’s scripted responses so I can ask for a human. It is super annoying since the pre-configured answers are just very limited.

5 Likes

Appreciated your reply Wirex keep up it up

2 Likes

I will definitely pass this onto the team for you. Thank you for this feedback, it’s greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

My nano deposit gone missing …

Ok, let wait and see.

1 Like

Hi Ali
@Ali_Wirex
Good for hearing team will hire more staff to handle the batch of problems. But I unable see how you could cater technical problems, just CS and legal team can only make the response faster, not able the solve the problems as I can see (Transaction onHold, Account Suddenly Block, Charge extra service fee, No rewards received, Unable to order the cards) and many for just this month. All above the problems is technical and program related as my understanding.

Please try make the App and service stable and fix all bugs first, Not just say escalate. As user we would not know how hardwork of you, we just want the system stable and can solve the enquiry quickly.

I will support your team, so would like the Wirex will be better and able to introduce to friends with confidence

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. The chat ot amounts to nothing more than a long-winded way of presenting a table of contents for FAQs.

The final insult is when it gives up and says a human will e with you shortly and it then takes so long you’ve left the chat so they close it. Very convenient.

3 Likes

Hi there I’ve been trying to get in contact for a few weeks and have had no correspondence. I need to get my phone number updated on my account. My number has changed and the app sends a txt to my old number with a verification code before I can change to my new one.

Should be an easy fix, just need to change my phone number. Surely someone in customer support could do that in a second.

1 Like

Hi. I’m having trouble adding funds from my account to card account

1 Like

If you are based in UK/ EU there is no more Visa card from today 16 March.

On the new MasterCard card there is no need to move money from your currency acc to the card. it takes automatically from your fiat/ crypto wallets.

Hope it helps

I would like the facility to move money from my currency accounts to my card. I receive and spend in Euros and I want to keep my other currency accounts separate from my spending.

I hope you do fix these issues soon. Transfers from my linked cards have been getting declined for weeks now and even when I eventually get a reply from support the standard response is ‘Our technicians are working on it’. Since the facility does exist for SEPA I cannot top up my account with Euros and I don’t want to spend my other currencies, so I can’t use my brand new Mastercard.

2 Likes

Hello Wirex team,

from New Year further I am a litlle disapointed.

There is no SEPA chance to fill my wirex wallet.

On my Frozen VISA car is suddenly -0,88 EUR, I try to make it 0,00 that I am no longer in depth for frozen Visa, but there is no chance to make the transfer from EUR account to Frozen Visa.

Most concerning for me is SEPA transfer. If there would be no SEPA system to add founds to Wirex than woul be no use for me the Wirex.

On the other hand Eurocard was in no time in my hands … but with no founds on it … useles.

Can someone explain to me when if would be SEPA transfers in work?

Thank you very much for your answer in advance if there would be one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess, you mean with „Eurocard“ the actual MasterCard, what do you mean, with no founds on it?

kr,
T

Hello,

Yes the Wirex Mastercard.

In whole wallet I do not have founds regarding the SEPA is not orking like last year. So I can not fill the wallet.

For other metods to send founds to my wallet is the provission very big.

Hello, as a Wirex investor I should be at the Premium level on my app, but I am still at the Standard level, I have sent in two requests a week ago to have this rectified, but continue to get canned emails from Wirex support just telling me how busy they are! Surely something this simple should be easy to resolve? This does not inspire confidence in your customer service, and at this point I could not recommend Wirex to friends or relatives.

1 Like

Okey so you also actually mean FUNDS.

And you don’t have an external credit card? Cause there is no fee charged when you top up (at least in my country/with my credit card).

But of course, as SEPA was promised to make a come back soon, this is something that hurts when it takes to long to have access.

Myself for example, i don’t need SEPA, so i do not miss it. But would use it sometime, as i extend my usage of Wirex.

kr,
T

thank u , I was wondering why I could not transfer my money in my new wirex card , you have been very helpful , thank again :slight_smile:

2 Likes