Remove storage fee and fix reputation

The storage fee on Wirex accounts is a predatory practice that harms the reputation of Wirex. Without the storage fee Wirex would have a chance to succeed, but as long as funds are taken from inactive customers - I don’t see how Wirex can grow in the midst of tightening competition. The storage fee is collected even from users with the Elite plan, so there is no way around it. If you have an accident and are unable to use Wirex for little over a year (or just forgot to), then you might be surprised with an empty account the next time you log in. That’s not the proper way to treat customers! :rage:

1 Like

HI @FifthAce :wave:

Thank you very much for your feedback! This is much appreciated. :+1:

Storage fees are not really a problem, because there is a cost for Wirex to keep accounts inactive (because the wallets are hosted by third parties). On the other hand, Wirex could offer the fees free for Premium and/or Elite customers.

Let me tag the Wirex team so that they can see your message as well as mine.
@moderators @ChienChien_Wirex @Ali_Wirex

Thanks again for your feedback!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

I like your proposal. As a new Elite customer, I have a substantial amount of WXT on my account that I would like to store there without worries. The storage fee is very unnerving and inconvenient. I had to put reminders on my phone to do something with my account 6 months from now. And I pay 2999 WXT a month for this privilege… Not the best user experience. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hi there @FifthAce, Firstly thanks so much for your feedback, it’s greatly appreciated. In regards to the storage fee, a customer would need to do even the smallest of activity on there to keep from getting a storage fee. It could be, for example, transferring a small amount to another account internally. However, I will definitely take the suggestions proposed above to the team. All feedback and suggestions are always welcome and helps us to grow for the better.

Thanks again for the comments and for stopping by on the forum. All the best.

2 Likes