Still no repayment / refund

Why are repayments from a merchant not visible? Why is this not automatically displayed, sond I al customer must always (!) inquire at Wirex and “beg” until something happens. And it takes forever!
All the unnecessary communication costs me a lot of time. Can I charge a fee for this?

1 Like

@mischu We are very sorry for you experience. The issue has been forwarded to our Support team. Please, note that you will be updated via email as soon as possible.

Kind regards!

Hey Maryna,

Thanks a lot!

Hey at all… whats going on?

Hello WireX Team,

I can’t cope with the confusing and intransparent information in my account. On the contrary. It’s starting to drive me crazy.

If I pay a company XY 299,- EUR, and then get this refunded, then it should say company XY + EUR 299,-.

But that is not so. I am still missing two details in my account and I can not see that everything is fine :frowning:
What is wrong with you? I am still waiting and i am completely frustrated about this all. No trust!!!

@mischu The issue has been forwarded to our Support team. Please, note that you will be updated via email as soon as possible.

Kind regards!

What exactly does As soon as possible mean in the Wirex world? 2022? 2023 … I am really annoyed. What works best for you is advertising / marketing, but certainly not customer service …

Please take immediate action on this matter!

Kind regards

In the meantime I have found another discrepancy

Refund:
Heyne Büromarkt GmbH has refunded 299.00 EURfrom your purchase of May 7, 2021 !!!
The money has been refunded to your MASTER_CARD x-4368. It may take a few days for the refund to show on your credit card statement.
It seems to me by now, these things happen on purpose.

Feel free to take another week. But then, I want a binding and correct result of All!!! Payments and refunds in my account see.

Dear Wirex Team,

I checked my wirex card activity and found I never got my refund back before.

I purchased 9.28 pounds at the boots store on 28th October, and the boots store refunded me 9.28 pounds on my wirex card. However, I have still not received it so far. it had been processed 2 months ago.

And also I did a few times item returns using my wirex card at Tesco, and it never showed on my wirex card activity.

Could you please solve this issue for me? or tell me where are those refunds going?

My ticket number is 994762.

Thank you.

1 Like

Wirex will get in touch to you mam sir.

@mischu We are terribly sorry for all the inconveniences you have faced. We totally understand your frustration and dissatisfaction. This has been escalated to Support.

@lily The issue has been forwarded to our Support team. Please, note that you will be updated via email as soon as possible.

Kind regards!

I have the same problem, the funds were deducted from the account and my account did not pass my mail dugatomislav@gmail.com

1 Like

please raise a ticket here

@Duga1985 The issue has been forwarded to our Support team. Please note that you will be updated via email as soon as possible.

Kind regards!