Support Inquiry Escalation Thread

Hi Sandy, thank you for the screenshot provided.

I can confirm that our relevant team is currently looking into your case and we will update you via the ticket once there are any updates.

Best regards.

Okay thanks.

Hello. Please can I get a specific date when my transaction would be clear because I’ve asked the sender to contact her bank and they said it’s successfully transferred and it’s in my account. If this doesn’t come out tomorrow I’m taking this up to resolver.
Thank you.

Hi Ajiere,

I have checked the status of your case and we expect to have it resolved at the nearest time. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific ETA, however, I can see that the priority of your case is set to the highest one.

We will update you via the support ticket shortly.

Warm regards!

Hello.
I have another SEPA transfer to my wirex pending.
220€ was done yesterday from Germany. Wanted to know if is still pending.
Regards
Sandy

Hello Sandy, thank you for your request.

I have forwarded this case to our relevant team for further check. They will contact you via the ticket shortly.

Warm regards.

Your request (1722174) has been received by our support team.

Dear Sandy, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed response.

As I can see, the issue has been resolved by our relevant team for you.

Should you have any other questions you are welcome to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Hi. I have a swift transfer from Belgium and it’s not come to account for the past 3 days now. What’s the issue and can my money be tracked as the sender says it shows completed on her statement. Thanks.

Hello Faithful, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed response.

I have just escalated your request to our Support Team and they will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Best regards!

Hi, I raised ticket (1734086) on 8-Nov, but no feedback from Support Team, would you please review and advise, thanks!

Hello @chankw, I am sincerely sorry for the delayed reply.

I have just updated you via the ticket, please take a look.

Warm Regards!