The next generation of wallet infrastructure

Five days ago, on 2022-05-27, I received an email from Team Wirex with the headline »Important updates to your crypto addresses« in which is said, amongst other things:

We’re making some changes to our crypto custody provider, Klaus Alexander. From 27th May 2022, all cryptocurrencies available in the Wirex app will be supported by leading crypto custody platform, Fireblocks!

And in the FAQ there were instructions how to find the new crypto addresses in the wallet — except they were not to be found. Until today, 5 days later: 2022-06-01.

However, a section in the same email with the headline »The next generation of wallet infrastructure« said:

Native SegWit support for bitcoin

Benefit from significant blockweight savings by sending crypto with a SegWit address. Not sure if your address supports SegWit? If the address on the receive screen begins with “bc1”, you’re good to go!

But what do I see now that I have “activated” the bitcoin address in the app? A bitcoin address that starts with 1JP! Not a SegWit address! Not even a multi-signature address!

I’m unamused. :unamused:

1 Like

please create a ticket sir https://wirexapp.com/en/help/request/create

I’m sorry, but I don’t have patience enough to wait a[nother] month for a ticket to be resolved.

1 Like

let me tag the @moderators for you hope your account will be ok soon sir :heart:

Hey @kas,
Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m sorry to hear of this issue.
If you could share your Customer Support ticket number, I will be able to share this with the team and have them reach out to you directly to get this resolved.
Thanks!