The Wirex app vs the Wirex Wallet

Mastercard

Visa card

Have you met the Wirex Wallet yet?

It offers a simple, secure way to send, store and receive digital assets. But how exactly does it differ from the Wirex app? Let’s find out.

1. Non-custodial crypto storage

The Wirex Wallet is located within the Wirex ecosystem, but operates outside of the existing Wirex app. Unlike the Wirex app, it offers non-custodial crypto storage, as well as direct access to popular DeFi platforms and protocols.

2. Keyless entry

The Wirex Wallet provides next-gen security in the form of innovative keyless entry. That means no more private keys or complex seed phrases - all you need is your face or fingerprint to get in to your wallet.

3. Direct access to DeFi

Want to explore the world of DeFi? You’re in the right place. The Wirex Wallet grants you direct access to high-yield rates of 25%+ APY through top protocols like Aave and Compound. Get connected today.

How to open a Wirex Wallet

Get your Wirex Wallet up and running in just a few steps.

1. Download the Wirex Wallet app.
  2. Create an account - all you need is an email address.
  3. Check your emails for a verification code and enter it when prompted.
  4. Create a PIN and/or register your biometrics (face or fingerprint).
  5. Back up your account using biometrics or a QR code by going to Profile then Account recovery.

Please note: you will need to do this before you can make any transactions.

Open on Google Play >

Open on Apple Store >

*Please note when setting up and using the Wirex Wallet, you will be prompted to check and accept the User Agreement & Privacy Policy. These may differ from the conditions you have already accepted from your existing Wirex account. To view the Wirex Wallet Terms, please visit: Wirex Wallet | Terms and Conditions

4 Likes

Im about to use wirex wallet more. :heart:

My Itchy fingers go to play store and type wirex and saw 2 diff apps. So here I am scrounging through the community to find out whether wirex wallet legit or dubious.

Have not rried but reading the intropage seems to offer more coins/cryptos than the current wirex app i had.

Btw, the two apps not linked? Assets in wallet cannot be traded/exchange to fiat to be spent through the card?

1 Like

Hi @Cryptos2Me :wave:

No, the two apps are not related in any way. Your Wirex app / Wirex Wallet account are two different accounts even if you use the same email address. You can spend with the card only with the Wirex app, not with the wallet.

I hope I have answered your questions!

2 Likes