Think and Grow Rich!

Hello everyone! :sun_with_face:

There is a good chance you might have read or heard of this book written way back in 1937 by Napoleon Hill. This book set to document the ultimate success philosophy and formula for anyone who is seeking to generate wealth in a way of thinking that mirrors the understanding of the ancient greek mystery schools…

Allow me a moment to share a few key passages to show you what i’m referring to : ‘’Truly, thoughts are things, and powerful things at that, when they are mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and a burning desire for their translation into riches, or other material objects.‘’

Now when you begin to think and grow rich you will observe that riches begin with a state of mind and with definiteness of purpose, the author reminds us that our state of mind is of the utmost importance. Success comes to those who become success conscious. Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become failure conscious. He concludes the introductory chapter by informing us that if we can learn to follow the 13 principles of thinking and growing rich, literally anyone can lead a wealthy and prosperous life.

1. Desire - we must have a healthy desire for what it is that we want. This is the key to being able to consciously focus on what you’re wanting to create, for what we think and feel actively creates our reality. If we choose to just get what life gives us then certainly we’re not going to end up with much. We have to be clear about what we want and be willing to go after it.
2. Faith - quoting from the book : ‘’ Faith is the head chemist of the mind, when faith is blended with thought the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into a spiritual equivalent and then transmits it into infinite intelligence as in the case of prayer. Infinite intelligence is often used to describe God or spirit.
3. Autosuggestion - a term that essentially means self-suggestion the agency of communication between the conscious and subconscious minds. This is your ability to programme your own subconscious mind by making sure to feed it creative and healthy thoughts instead of destructive ones.
4. Specialized knowledge - there’s two kinds of knowledge. General and specialized. When we think of general knowledge it’s the kind of stuff you learn in school - bits of history and math and literature etc. Specialized knowledge on the other hand is knowledge that is organized and intelligently directed towards the fulfillment of your dreams.
5. Imagination is what they describe to be the workshop where all dreams and desires are given shape, form and action. There are two forms of our imagination - the synthetic imagination which arranges old concepts, ideas or plans into new combinations which doesn’t create anything new. And the creative imagination, which is the mind-opening bridge to infinite intelligence, which allows you to conceive of entirely new concepts. The faculty through which hunches and inspirations are achieved.

Principles 6-7-8 all go together. They are organized planning, decision and persistence. This is the practical ability to form definite practical plans of action. Making decisions on them and executing them consistently and persistently until you begin to see results. Procrastination is the killer of dreams so while you might be worried : ‘’ Oh! I mean - what if I don’t make the right decision?’’ ANY decision is better than sitting there and doing nothing and you always continually refine and improve as you go. Speaking of persistence , the author explains that one of most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting, when one is overtaken by temporary defeat. Every person is guilty of this mistake at one time or another. When defeat overtakes a person the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit and that’s what so many do. However, failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning, it takes great delight in tripping one when success is almost within reach.
9. Power of the master mind. Mastermind may be defined as a coordinator of knowledge and effort in a spirit of harmony between two or more people for the attainment of a definite purpose. It basically means don’t try and do everything yourself if you can team up with people to achieve a vision - Do it!
10. Mystery of s** transmutation. Well , yes the mystery… Very simply it means switching of the mind from thoughts of a physical expression into thought of some other nature. I will leave that one here for your own research.

Principles 11-12-13 are called the subconscious mind, the brain and the sixth sense and this is where this book becomes a mystery school of it’s own. They explain that our minds are receivers and emitters for thoughts and emotions into the collective field of consciousness that we’re connected to everyone that we must train and use our subconsciousness connecting to infinite intelligence aka source, spirit or god and through opening to infinite abundance we begin to direct ourselves toward the creation of value in the world, which produces wealth as a result. We also develop the faculties of our psychic mind , the sixth sense through which infinite intelligence may and will communicate voluntarily without any effort from you. This is the apex of the philosophy, but which can only truly be mastered once the other principles have fully been understood and integrated into the psyche.

Have you read ‘‘Think and grow rich’’ or found it helpful ? Let me know in the comments :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good article :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I think many people can benefit from gaining this knowledge. I have shared this on my Facebook. Keep up the good work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I greatly appreciate it. :sun_with_face: Thanks for the good vibes :wink:

1 Like