Why can we not withdraw our gbp to personal accounts?

Anybody else seeing there is no option to send your funds to your bank account?

4 Likes

Just contacted support they replied quickly saying because of Brexit withdrawals have been temporarily suspended. Sounds very odd to me. And also why have we not been notified about this first? To not be able to withdraw my money is going to stop me adding money and so not use the new MasterCard, because it erodes trust in the platform.

2 Likes

@Ali_Wirex we are constantly getting marketing notifications etc but why no notification about temporarily not being able to withdraw our money (without spending it on the new card of course)

1 Like

Not really good enough quick enough to deposit money but nightmare to get it back not happy with the communication surely they should be telling us we can’t withdraw

3 Likes

Can’t deposit via bank transfer either. I have no IBAN, SWIFT, or sort code on my account. According to Wirex’s own support pages accounts are meant to have these.

Thankfully I can still add money using my main bank’s debit card, so I can exchange it for crypto and use the app to manage crypto and send it to friends (except ETH…) but I signed up to Wirex rather than a regular crypto exchange primarily because I loved the idea of a hybrid bank account supporting crypto and fiat.

The crypto exchange works great so far (again, except ETH) and I’m happy with the quick speeds and low fees, but I do also feel like I have only half the product that’s advertised.

Why is there nothing on the official company blog warning users about this issue? For those with large amounts in their accounts, not being able to withdraw all of a sudden is a big deal and will understandably make people anxious to trust Wirex as a banking app.

The date was set for Brexit a long time in advance so there was much time to prepare. Additionally, this is a UK based company, so why can’t UK based customers access banking features? If you’re registered with the FCA shouldn’t you have UK based banking services? Example Monzo uses HSBC sort codes. Can’t you do a deal with a UK bank to provide basic deposit and withdrawals using Faster Payments like any UK bank?

I like the idea of this service a lot but it’s clear there’s a lot of bugs left to be resolved still and it’s early stages.

The parts that work are working very well. But there’s still a lot to be done.

3 Likes

@Ali_Wirex when will we be able to withdraw our money? Even a rough time frame would be helpful

2 Likes

Hi
same in euros, no withdraw since january for me is possible. My money is stuck on Wirex !!!
and no answer after 3 tickets from the wirex support !!

1 Like

Contacted support about this already, hoping someone here has some useful info to help me…

So I signed up, made an account, verified successfully, it’s all good.

But I cannot add funds to my account. The only option I have is to add a card but I cannot add either my credit or debit cards. I get an error in the app saying transaction failed. I tried on the website and it says technical difficulties, contact support.

As I said I have contacted support, still waiting for a reply.

When I opened the account I thought it’d be a UK bank account with an account number and sort code but I don’t see those details anywhere. Not in the app or on the website.

Am I missing something? Do I have to wait to get the details in the post or do I need to get my Wirex card first before I can use anything?

I would be happy to add funds to buy some crypto just to test this out but I cannot add my card as a payment method and there’s no option to transfer money through BACS/Faster Payments like a normal UK bank account so it’s literally useless to me right now.

Any idea what to expect from staff or other customers? When I can I begin actually using my Wirex account?

1 Like

Good afternoon, I still have not received an answer to the problem with the double withdrawal of funds from my account. Request (312833)
I contacted the store they confirmed only once the funds were withdrawn from the account. 22,96 € vom 05.03.21
Please check my account and refund: € 22.96
at 06.03.21
Respectfully ,
Rustam Turdiyev

1 Like

Half of my problem is fixed! Suddenly I have been able to successfully add my card to my account and I’ve bought crypto with it and sent some to my hardware wallet for safe storage. It all works quickly and seamlessly. Extremely low fees too as promised. Happy with that, this is why I signed up.

Still don’t see any bank details showing up however so although I can use this to buy and exchange crypto I cannot use it as a fiat bank account.

To be honest though the main reason I signed up was the crypto element which is working so I’m happy there.

However the situation with Ethereum needs to be fixed. I want to be able to use this account for ETH, but even though no one’s wallets are activating, the option to buy ETH still shows up in the app. This seems irresponsible as it means we can buy ETH but if we do we’re locked out of accessing it.

Luckily I checked the forum before trying to buy ETH, but most people won’t. So I implore customer service to disable ETH trading for customers who cannot activate their wallets so they don’t end up locked out of their funds.

1 Like

Hello can I ask why there is no send button on my gbp account now I’m wanting to send funds to my bank account but am unable to can somebody help please

3 Likes

Are all UK users aware you cannot withdraw your GBP from wirex at the moment?

1 Like

hi

any news ?

I NEED some of my money right know and it stuck on your app !! i can’t made a transfert to anyone…

all of my tickets (269425, 266369) were closed…without a response !

please resolve ASAP this pb…

Hervé

1 Like

Hi there!

Kindly, be informed that the bank transfers option has been temporarily disabled.
Do not worry, you would be able to process the transfer as soon as the IBAN/Account number is back to available. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a more specific time-frame for you at the moment.

Thank you for your comprehension.

1 Like

Hello Rustam, I am sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

I have just escalated your request to our Support Team and they will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Best regards!

1 Like

Contacted support about this already, hoping someone here has some useful info to help me…

So I signed up, made an account, verified successfully, it’s all good.

But I cannot add funds to my account. The only option I have is to add a card but I cannot add either my credit or debit cards. I get an error in the app saying transaction failed. I tried on the website and it says technical difficulties, contact support.

As I said I have contacted support, still waiting for a reply.

When I opened the account I thought it’d be a UK bank account with an account number and sort code but I don’t see those details anywhere. Not in the app or on the website.

Am I missing something? Do I have to wait to get the details in the post or do I need to get my Wirex card first before I can use anything?

I would be happy to add funds to buy some crypto just to test this out but I cannot add my card as a payment method and there’s no option to transfer money through BACS/Faster Payments like a normal UK bank account so it’s literally useless to me right now.

Any idea what to expect from staff or other customers? When I can I begin actually using my Wirex account?

1 Like

I’m not using wirex until this is sorted. Which is a shame, I invested in them, have the new MasterCard, but won’t use it or recommend them to anyone until we know when this is going to be sorted. We deserve to know a rough timeframe.

1 Like

Dear @lukegibbons86, we are sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience.

Please be advised that the relevant team is already looking into this case. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with an exact timeframe since we have not received it from the relevant team.

We keep checking with them regarding the status of the request and will let you know once we have any news.

Regards!

1 Like

Yes. I have just found that too… they need to let puerile know. I have money stuck there now. Think I’ll be heading over to Crypto dot com to check out if they’re OK with gbp… Brecht nightmare!

Hello I’m deaf from Greece please help me make this how you Tanaka you